The mkiv Supra Owners Club

When thinking about a Supra some distance away...?

Getrag

...what are all the things you should do to increase your chances of finding the right one? - especially before travelling the distance to see it. What I've thought of so far...

1. HPI, CARFAX check

2. Fax/email of logbook, ownership details

3. AA/RAC check

4. A friendly board member to check it out for you :p

5. Full spec list + pics

6. Sellers home number and address

Anything else...or similar experiences? Cheers guys/gals.

i saw a uk spec in london, the owner said it was mint condition, with HKS turbos, intercooler, vpc..........great i thought, i know what they look and drive like so if its in good nick i fly down and drive back. got an AA check done and the inspector told me it was aheap of junk. worn leather, suspect milage, badly repaired bodywork, leaking gearbox, no oil, wouldnt idle when cold! best £100 i ever spent. they also do the HPI check

I once considered a Supra all the way at the other end of the country. Very nearly bought it too, until a more local/better spec'ed one came along.

There was a really nice bloke on this BBS that really helped me out. He gave the car I was interested in, a really good inspection. Took loads of photo's for me, checked out the paperwork, even offered to collect me from the local airport and take me to the car....

I couldn't have asked for more. And I'm still very grateful.

Just goes to prove there are genuine people on here prepared to help other people without any gain for themselves.

Only trouble is... That person was you! - You now need to find someone as helpful as you. :p

Obviously, if the car you're looking at is local to me, I'm more than happy to do the same for you in return.

i went to see my car and bought it from reading,i live in newcastle,i would always travel for the right car as i have done for my past 3 cars,I always hpi it and make the seller understand that i want to know every little thing condition wise about the car before i travel,as i would be very pissed off if their discription etc was off the mark.