The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PDA Satnav questions

Toytown

Hi all you supra peeps, been a while since I posted here (don't know much & never got anything worthwhile to say :D )

SatNav ..... need a bit of advice, probably from tomtom users.

I have just bought an IPAQ, with the jacket & a 256mb flash card & have installed mapopolis working demo & quite a few of the maps (gain, demo & downloaded but fully working for 30 days i think).

Anyway, my questions ...

I also got a disk with a load of junk on it & amongst that were map files & program files for tomtom (I guess they are hookey), it looks as if the tomtom map is a different setup to mapopolis, because rather than 20 or 30 different "map" files, it has only 6 or 7 main files of different sizes.

what I'm asking is .... if I buy tomtom & the UK maps, does the map have to be installed as one & complete, or can I upload parts of it from the PC to keep as much CF space as poss for other goodies :)

God I made a meal of that ........... it's me age :baa:

Cheers me old china :D

i reckon these files i have are hookey ones & probably no good because there is no "setup" or "installer"... How does it work on the pukka version because the tomtom on the pda just says "can't run because no mapos are installed", but there is no option on that screen to install them, I can only assume from this that the maps have their own install file ??

Cheers

John

lol,

I didn't exactly buy the tom tom software neither....

I got a PDA and I bought a bluetooth GPS reciever both second hand. Got a copy of tomtom from a friend.

pm me if you need any information, I will have to look up the cd I got since I install it many many months ago and I forgot all installation process.

China