The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do I notify the Dvla on transmission change

drift_bear

Since the car is finished and getting picked up on Friday I will be informing my insurance about the changes for obvious reasons, but what I'm trying to find out is how do I go about informing the Dvla and what do I do?

Any info/advice would be great!

Cheers

Ring their Swansea office and then await the passing phone call game at a guess.

I once did this and the DVLA said that the engine number did not exist. I told them what I had done (3.0 1MZ motor into a MR2) and they said not to worry about it. If I did find the correct number off the block sort it then.

I don't think they really care.

Lyndon.

Ok then I'll drop then a call to see what they say, rather have everything all correct on documents

DVLA are rubbish, when I applied to get the car in my name, i other details such as add car vin etc and the colour, all that came back was the change of name and address no chassis was added and the car colour was set to black instead of the specified purple! I seriously need to stop complaining on here and call them lol

• 2 months later...
Since the car is finished and getting picked up on Friday I will be informing my insurance about the changes for obvious reasons, but what I'm trying to find out is how do I go about informing the Dvla and what do I do?

Did you manage this in the end? I'm in the same boat. Nowhere on the V5 to make the change, and do DVLA really want to know? Insurance people were informed and they weren't that bothered either!