The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rebuilding stock twins.

skyline1

Know this has been covered before so don't shout at me :(

Is it actually worth rebuilding my ceramic turbos with steel internals as I've heard twin hybrids can be quite laggy and would need more supporting mods to compensate the hybrids . Most people would say go singe I know but if I could go for a rebuilt twin set up that would be better for me.

Do hybrid turbos make much more bhp than stock turbos running bpu mods? For example I wanna hit 500bhp and stay with a twin set up .

What's the going rate for a twin rebuild ? What's the rate for good twin hybrids?

I do have a GT35 replica from Conceptua tuning but is it worth going topmount when my tiptronic box can't take the power the turbo can produce?

No abuse please just all the info I found was old.

My hybrids were great, I had them on the car from about 65,000 - 100,000miles and they only came off as I wanted to make up a single turbo kit. I ran them from 1.0bar to 1.3bar and certainly wouldn't say they were laggy, they weren't quite as perky as the stock ceramics under 2000rpm but not much in it. On the upside they could take more boost and made plenty of power. They are from TurboTechnics. Other people have suffered lots of problems with hybrids so you're bound to get mixed feedback.

If you have lots of spare cash...go single! :D

My hybrids were great, I had them on the car from about 65,000 - 100,000miles and they only came off as I wanted to make up a single turbo kit. I ran them from 1.0bar to 1.3bar and certainly wouldn't say they were laggy, they weren't quite as perky as the stock ceramics under 2000rpm but not much in it. On the upside they could take more boost and made plenty of power. They are from TurboTechnics. Other people have suffered lots of problems with hybrids so you're bound to get mixed feedback.

If you have lots of spare cash...go single! :D

Cheers for the info Dan did you get the turbos as a kit from them ? I take it there not a rebuilt set from a standard set of twins? What was the cost of your hybrids if you don't mind me asking?

- - - Updated - - -

See here mate. This might float your boat, It certainly got my attention.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?299276-Whifbitz-billet-hybrid-turbos-coming-soon!!

They sound like there gonna be animals :) will keep a eye on it.