The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2014

Max power

I haven't really watched f1 since it was shared out. What's the changes in rules for next year?

There changing the engines from a 2.4 normally aspirated V8 to a 1.6 V6 turbo with energy recovery instead of kers...and a limited amount of fuel allowed in the car. It is a complete change. Aerodynamics change narrower front wing. Smaller Chassis height, single exhaust pipe, Smaller rear wing box". Totally different. The new regs will make it much more interesting.

Guest Knightrider1980

I am very interested in the new 1600 turbo engines they are going to be using ontop of the new body shape changes, the 2014 season is going to be a new era in F1 motor racing indeed, hope to hell vetell loses, sick of him. I am a huge fan of Kimi Raikannon :-)

There changing the engines from a 2.4 normally aspirated V8 to a 1.6 V6 turbo with energy recovery instead of kers...and a limited amount of fuel allowed in the car. It is a complete change. Aerodynamics change narrower front wing. Smaller Chassis height, single exhaust pipe, Smaller rear wing box". Totally different. The new regs will make it much more interesting.

The biggest aerodynamic effect will be the loss of the rear beam wing on the rear impact structure of the 2014 regulation cars, that and the probable use of the "penile" styles nose cones resulting in a higher keel height similar to that of this year and a very low centre spar or "cock" at the front of the nosecone. vettel is the master so far and I honestly cannot see things changing .