The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So what's wrong with a veilside kit?

Axl

Probably best asking what's right with it!! To be honest I think fashion has come back to liking the stock lines rather than the very different approach that the vs kit had. I think the vs may have been popular in the fast and the furious days just not anymore.

I like it. But has to be in the right wheel setup to make it work.

I think the spoiler is a bit mental.

Think it's just a bit shouty for most people

It's also been robbed by alot of other car's styling so those types of cars get styled badly, then the veilside kit gets linked to it and people automatically tarnish the design with the same brush I think.

Who knows I think the veilside kit is fine, quite a few supra's have the veilside sideskirts and overfenders but second someone fits a front bumper they have no taste and have ruined the supra according to most on here, I think its good that the supra has a wide group of owners who have different tastes and ideas for their car.

It would be very boring if every supra looked the same IMO I think the wide variety of kits and ideas makes the supra that more unique

Who knows I think the veilside kit is fine, quite a few supra's have the veilside sideskirts and overfenders but second someone fits a front bumper they have no taste and have ruined the supra according to most on here, I think its good that the supra has a wide group of owners who have different tastes and ideas for their car.

It would be very boring if every supra looked the same IMO I think the wide variety of kits and ideas makes the supra that more unique

:

thumbs:Each to thier own, thats only my opinion)

I think the fact that it's a lovely colour rescues that one.

Personal taste and all that. People may find stock boring but I think it's classy. There is an art to tastefully modding a car and knowing where to stop. Veilside don't..!!

+1 on the colour, I also find the Uk bonnet just helps assist the look too for some reason.

Loving the attitude to customisation and the "your car" "out of date fashion" .. especially how fashion at the moment is.

Next you'll be telling me you don't like the colour..

Cry me a river. :) I like the veilsides posted already. Keep em coming :)

I have always like veilside Supra's , when I first was looking at Supra's this was the kit to go for

Problem is IMO is that is was over done and there was a lot of bad fitted VS kits too ...

But this can be with any kit .... I have seen some bad Do-Luck bumpers on Supra's too which looks awful

It is certainly personal taste... I mean come on, people buy a BMW 1 series... a car only the designer himself can love, bit like an ugly child and mother only loving them :D

For me is that is doesn't flow with the body lines as well, if you do a comparison of say a TRD kit then it gives you an idea. Also a 90% of them have been done badly.

The sideskirts don't look right and the rear wing/spoiler is awful

beyond words

Tamon is the veilside replacement now though and looks way worse

Being slightly biased :) but the TRD widebody is how it should have looked

from the factory, in my opinion.

A factory car that would look obviously modified? Not the japanese way! The beauty of the japanese car scene is the customisation. How the supra is "oem" looks great :) trd wide body is a lovely example but the oem models plug and play kits is what I love about jap motors.

Look at our stand at JAE... then look at vdub at trax.

*slammed with new wheels.

*thumbs

Ours had some variety :) a picture of a group of supras modified differently makes them look so much more epic :D

Well it's nice to see some love on here for the veilside I have to agree that it's all about personal taste but the real truth is it doesn't matter if it's oem,doluck,ridox,veilside,charge,speed,top secret,signature,trial,abflug,bomax,trd,blitz (please forgive if I've missed any these are off the top of my head) it's all to do with the love for the supra :love: