The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance advice for driving ban

Suprakeith

im not totally sure on what your asking , but is it about the current policy running until its full term is completed, then i think it will as you cant drive it anyway and is being stored , not sure you will get a ban though does depend on how reckless it was .

re insuring after your ban has finished will be a big jump for a few years , i payed £1,250 more the next time i insured the supra but even for a 1.1 rust box was still £500 more so thought keep the supra and cough up the extra cash to keep the decent car .

just a pointer

if you have old indorcements on your liecence send it off and have them removed asap (THEY DO LOOK) before sentencing .

Do you have a soliciter? If not, get a hold of one. On the day of the trial (I'm guessing you have 3 stages?) ask your soliciter to speak to the procurator fiscal and ask if they will lower the charge to 95mph, in return you will immediately plead guilty with no further hearings.

As you haven't gone a ridiculous speed, as long as you don't have a particularly poor history of driving, you should be granted this. For 95mph I got 3 points and £100 fine, as it was my first offence. Not sure of your circumstances but you can gauge what will happen based on that I would guess.

Dress smart for the occasion, look decidedly innocent (I went with a side shed and a clean shave with a smart shirt and trousers on). Be polite when spoken to and pay very close attention to what is being said.

Good luck :)

Don't have solicitor rang around and was quoted about £600 to take my case which I though was way to high, will be dressed smart for sure and polite and have a good driving history and no criminal record so that's in my favour I hope. Am happy to take my punishment on chin as was speeding and have to pay the to consequences for my actions, the only thing worried about is keeping supra insured and safe if get banned.

And thank you could do with some good luck

I was expecting it to cost couple hundred max, am off work monday so going to ring round some more and see if can find a solicitor cheaper than £600

I can't stress how important it is, you aren't going to be able to open a dialogue with the procurator fiscal pre-trial without one unfortunately. If you can strike a deal before the hearing starts then you're golden.

they will already know about you as they check up on insured members posts, not always good to be insured with a company that can read everything you post.

especially when you don't want them to know something like me lol.

We search for insurance posts each day and answer Sky feedback and questions which need answered.. we're not here to find out what members/customers have been up.. If customers choose to hide things from us, eg mods, convictions, they'll find out the hard way when they have a claim. I dare say, the vast majority of our MkivSupra.net customers are above board, it's a shame not everyone is.

Edited by SkyInsurance (see edit history)