The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for an NA sound clip?

tony tt

There is a thread about somewhere with exhaust sounds with loads of video clips too.

Ill have a look bud.

- - - Updated - - -

I have all of it,but it's not all been put on the car yet, just got the nur spec on. Be interested if someone put up a video. How's you doing mate.

All good here mate :) just preparing for war with the street haha. How are you and Karen gettin on mate?

Ill have a look bud.

- - - Updated - - -

All good here mate :) just preparing for war with the street haha. How are you and Karen gettin on mate?

All good down here, but can you keep the cold weather to yourself's, it's getting cold down here. :D

I've a couple of youtube vids from inside the car back when it was still NA and had a 6 branch manifold, double decat & a HKS something or other for an exhaust.

Don't forget, the car is devoid of anything resembling an interior so you'd find it a bit more muted in a road car I'd imagine.

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

I've a couple of youtube vids from inside the car back when it was still NA and had a 6 branch manifold, double decat & a HKS something or other for an exhaust.

Don't forget, the car is devoid of anything resembling an interior so you'd find it a bit more muted in a road car I'd imagine.

Thanks for that :)

Tony,

Mine may be supercharged, but the exhaust sounds the same.

I have an Autobahn88 manifold (3" exit) with a RARHS SARD Arouse exhaust system, 3" mid-pipe then Y into 2 @ 2.5" with 2 resonators and unequal length pipes which harmonically reduces as many dB as a resonator, then back to 3" with another resonator.

This is the only 3" system I have found that is quiet enough for N/A and is the only one I've ever seen up for sale.

Without a supercharger, a 2.5" exhaust system is a far better idea, :think: maybe why most aftermarket tubular manifolds have 2.5" exits.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=22154&d=1360369951

On open road it sounds a treat, but in terraced streets even this set off car alarms, until I reduced the tail-pipe from 5" down to 3".

Edited by David P (see edit history)

When that manifold was on my car Tony, coupled with the HKS Hi Power rear section, it was only obnoxiously loud at WOT. Idle and gentle/normal driving it was no louder than my TT.

Cheers Ben. I don't mind if its going to be obnoxiously loud at wot. I won't be driving it so my ears will be fine mate. Idle and normal driving is where I'm needing the noise levels as that's when the neighbours will hear it most. If it's no louder than the TT under those conditions then all good. Thanks.