The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first phone call from the police about my supra being too loud :(

supra_aero

My supra has been complained about by the residents for being too loud.

The poor de-catted blitz nur spec on the n/a has proven too much for my residents. Strangely the police officer who phoned me was very polite. I never rev it or drive it outside of unsociable hours - its always parked up by 8pm and leaves after about 12pm earliest so I'm surprised to have even got complaints about it.

Scared to drive it now for fear of retaliation from these residents :( Don t know what to do really.

Love the sound of it and not really willing to take the nur spec off.

To be fair I had no response to the complaint - it is incredibly loud to be fair. Not sure what to do.

If anyone has an exhaust control valve I'd massively appreciate it?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to find out which house it was but he wouldn't tell me. Guess he didn't want it to get confrontational. Think its a polite warning at this stage.

I was happy to explain the situation and do a work around with the person who complained as I understand if I am waking up their kids each time I get home that'd be fairly annoying.

Being a property guy doing viewings and handy work at different houses at random times daily doesn't help the situation.

May have to use a bung. Was hoping to avoid it. Or may park at another street. Or even alternate the streets its parked at.

I sympathise. I actually had 'hate mail' a couple of years ago, anonymous, of course! "why am I sitting on the drive reving it up in the morning..." etc. Mine's an NA too, fully decatted, custom exhaust. Just drive slower and keep the revs down as you go down the road ;)

The only other thing you can do is change the back box....or move!

The only comfort for me was an EVO owner moved in around the corner who's even LOUDER!! :D

You can buy adjustable flaps controlled by a motor that you can put in the exhaust. So you can close it while near home then open it up once out on the open road. My RS has one a stock. Great device.

Someone on here fitted one to their supra a while ago. Let me do some searching. :)

This is the sort of thing you need:

http://www.xforce.com.au/cars/view_car/29

Guy in this thread did it to his supra:

http://www.pistonheads.com/Gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=7&t=1208007&nmt=

Good luck :)

Edit: Available here:

http://www.driftworks.com/qtp-electronic-exhaust-cutout-bypass-valve-and-y-pipe.html

Edited by jimojameso (see edit history)

This is what I got through the door instead of a police phone call, the late at night they are referring to is between 7-8.30pm

I spoke to a few neighbours and they said they have no problems, so I knew which neighbour it was. Instead of changing any of my exhausts I just got my mates round with there subaru's lol

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Why? It's an NA.

What does being an NA have to do with anything? It needs cats to pass an MOT test. If you get sent to an MOT station with a producer, even a 'friendly' MOT station won't be stupid enough to risk getting in bother over this.

It won't make any difference to the performance of an NA.

What does being an NA have to do with anything? It needs cats to pass an MOT test. If you get sent to an MOT station with a producer, even a 'friendly' MOT station won't be stupid enough to risk getting in bother over this.

It won't make any difference to the performance of an NA.

There is no cat test for the N/A. The engine isn't listed.

I used to stealth mode my Renault 5 GTT late at night.... as soon as I turned onto my road, I could cut the engine and coast all way down my road with enough speed to get onto my drive. The neighbours were still celebrating when they found out I sold it.

Oh well, they're going to love Supes when she's BPU'd. :D

Tell them to deal with it, its not like your leaving the house late or early is it, these poeple clearly have far to much time on their hands imo

I agree with you to be fair. But can't be bothered with the hassle.

They wont like when the rx7 turns up in Jan - haha :D

At least they had the decency to write that note to be fair. I prefer a friendly caution then a scratched/dented car to come back to. So all is good (so far!)