The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One of them "Gauging Interest" threads. 1997 TT VVTi Tiptronic, Gunmetal, 67K, BPU.

Havard

Not 100% about this but this weekend I felt like I need to let go of this car. I expected Vicki to say "No" but she has seen that it isn't getting the use we expected and I don't think it is doing the car any good.

Spec List:

1997 VVTi Tiptronic in N06 Gunmetal. 67K Miles. Imported by JM Imports in September 2010 with 91,000 Km on the clock. Car purchased and mileage/speedo changed to read in miles. (56,700 miles to be exact).

OEM Skirts & spats

Engine is totally stock. Car was BPU'd in September and has only done 200 miles since.

18" Stern chrome alloys with Falken 235/40/18 on the front and Vredestein 265/35/18 on the back (tread is good but I would need to measure).

R-SR backbox with front and back decats.

UK Spec brakes (Painted black with Supra logos. Rears refurbed in September).

Active Spoiler with Andrew OW over ride switch.

OEM Leather seats

TRD speedo

New Facelift headlights (12 months old)

Gracenote Jap HDD Stereo

Car now has 66,961 miles on the clock and we have enjoyed every one of them. She has done 3 Dragonballs and never let me down.

She has been regularly serviced by Martin Kirk on this forum every 12 months or 3K miles. The car is left with him with a blank cheque book and anything that he feels needs to be done is carried out. I have all the MOT's since I picked her up from Jurgen in 2010. Anything from bulbs, oil and BPU bits have all been kept in a folder to hand over to the new owner.

Two minor problems have been a noise from the rear that we thought was diff related (new diff waiting if needed), we now think it may be a handbrake shoe catching. The other issue was that the front drivers wing had a shadow in the paint and I made the mistake of trying to get the wing re-sprayed. The body shop have done a good colour match but there is too much flake in the paint and this shows in bright sunlight.

I am being really picky with the paint but I am not happy and the car is booked in next Wednesday to be sorted out. Other than that, she wants for nothing. Front bumper has a few stone chips and there are a couple of small marks but I dare you to find them. Roof has a hairline scratch that I am told I am being really anal about. Alloys have no kerbing but there are some small signs of laquer damage on the rears but they would polish out easily.

Question is, how much will she go for. I don't plan on giving her away and I may leave it till March before we part company.

Pics. (See garage)

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2029/f73f.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3884/p1010077i.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/359/jae2012.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6075/p1000999t.jpg

H.

Other than that, I can't think of anything.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon £9k in the current market, mate.

GTR calling?

Not for a gold pig. The P word was mentioned a few times this weekend but maybe next summer. The car is in really good knick and she was "mint" 12 months ago. She has been sat outside and has picked up a small dent in the bonnet from a piece of brick that fell off our roof (may see if I can get the dent out with a local chap). Other than that she just needs a good clean up and prep like I did in September. I had her looking the nuts but she hasn't been washed since, which isn't like me at all.:(

Man up! Clean it, drive it and remove the impure thoughts of an over priced Audi TT or I'll be forced to bitchslap you!! :sly:

EDIT: AND I'll PM anyone who shows interest in a For sale thread and tell them it's a cut and shut.

You know I'm right!

Nice..!!

As Ben said.

It's easy to loose interest at this time of year, nothing that spending a day with the car doesn't usually solve. :)

Also, consider that you'll struggle to get a Supra like this again, they're becoming thin on the ground, even in Japan.

I have given this a lot of thought and up and coming events have always kept me keen. We missed JAE and we are not doing DB14 as the kids want to go to Le Mans in the 4x4. I just can't see where I am going to get the time. I also fancy a manual if I get another toy.

H.

Really hope you don't sell mate

We need another pancake run and jae next year and I have something planned.

If you don't use the diff keep me in mind

The diff is an A02A open diff mate. We'll see what happens but we don't use her like you use yours.

I would say £8000--£8500 its held its value well H ;-)..

She has Jurgen. I know they are rare beasts now aswell.

Sad to see this but totally understand why... :(

You are very anal though... back on the subject of cars... :D

At the last bit I followed you back to the hotel when we lost the group and it was great seeing the reaction of people looking at your car as we plodded along. :cool:

All because the price of steaks has gone up in the Miller.........think I might start a retirement home in my arena for Supra's.......get rid of some horses....... Might get rid of mine.......2 amp fuse went in my speed camera detector and I can't get one.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Car is back from the body shop on Wednesday after having the front wing re-done. (Wish I had never attempted to get the car perfect over a relatively small mark).

Although it is the wrong time of year to be selling, I am going to get her prepped up and then I can put her under cover before a prospective buyer shows interest.

She will go up for £9k. Not in any real rush to sell.

Any questions please pm me. I will put up other contact details once she has been cleaned up, possibly next weekend.

H.

Ok. Car is back from the body shop on Wednesday after having the front wing re-done. (Wish I had never attempted to get the car perfect over a relatively small mark).

Although it is the wrong time of year to be selling, I am going to get her prepped up and then I can put her under cover before a prospective buyer shows interest.

She will go up for £9k. Not in any real rush to sell.

Any questions please pm me. I will put up other contact details once she has been cleaned up, possibly next weekend.

H.

:(