The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jays 500BHP manual white aerotop build

Crash Bandicoot

So, now that I'm in the position to start my build thread, here goes...

I crashed my NA-t manual supra that had been built by a previous member, a mix of bad weather and a bad driver deciding to pull out on me has brought me to this.

The car I bought before I crashed:

And a few pics of crash, recovery and how it sits now:

It has been sat on a friends drive for over a month now, and now I have the readies to buy a shell it's time to swap the engine and all the goodies over to my new car...

New car (soon to be bought from Keron) minus the engine, box, diff, brakes, suspension, front seats and carpet.

Nice clean engine bay to plonk the engine from the old car.

Day 1

I decided to start I would take the front seats out from the old car ready to go in the aerotop.

Once they were out the way I could Hoover out all the glass and crud that was hiding under the seats and in the carpet. Finding £2.45 :thumbs: result!

Now I could get in the car without being cut to shreds :) next was to remove the front bumper to stop it holding bends in the plastic inner arch pieces incase I need them for the new car, plus gaining better access for when the engine comes out.

Concluding day 1... Now the winters setting in there's not a lot of daylight to work, plus the weather being so unpredictable leaves me to get as much done as possible before it chucks it down or I can't see!

Edited by Crash Bandicoot (see edit history)

This looks like it will be a stunner :cool: But that crinkle dash is awful! :D

Planning to have this done by feb latest... And don't worry that crinkle paint won't be staying, I'm thinking of using the same paint as the car, as its not the original white, it's an off white with grey, Keron said he knows the paint code so should be easy enough to copy for the dash.

Top man! I do try and use the search bar but rarely returns the results I'm looking for :( I got half way there... Then nearly threw her laptop across the living room in rage. Now I know how to do it properly ill be doing it the "mod happy" way :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while so time for an update :)

My dash panels are now all stripped and preped at the body shop, decided to have them hydro dipped, which will go along with the engine cover once the engine is in the aerotop.

Right, today I have give the car one last warm up before i start stripping, disconnected the battery, put the rear end up on an old pair of ford focus steelies, and the front up on axle stands. followed by loosening the wings to see if any things hiding behind them, which there wasn't. And the front lights are now out.

The front wheels are off, The front bumper strengthening bar has been taken off, as has the HKS with ram air cone air filter from the turbo.

The intercooler and pipe work has been removed from the turbo and intake and the strut brace is now out of the way.

The rad with twin fan has been drained and removed, is the male 'STONEY' any good?

I've started disconnecting some of the electrics from the top right corner of the bay, some things that I don't quite know what they are :/ but have got dodgy Rog, Wiley coyote, and slam popping round for a coffee and maybe a bacon Sarnie (if theyre good) tomorrow when the new shells here. Hopefully they can tell me about the bits I don't know.

I've removed the plastic panel in the passenger footwell and looked at the blitz ecu, apexi boxes and the wiring which nearly gave me a heart attack! So left it for next time.

Is this HKS sequential dump valve any good? It looks really tacky but works fine and makes a wicked sound...?

Then it started getting dark...

Not bad for a days work, on a drive way I think! Then it was time for tea :)

Few shots of the aerotop before its delivered tomorrow...

Edited by Crash Bandicoot (see edit history)

• 3 years later...