The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toad Alarm - leaving Battery Unplugged?

Paul R

Hi,

I'm in the middle of dropping the engine from one of my cars and it has a toad(cat1) alarm on it. It also has a seperate imobiliser fitted (little fob into socket type)

I need to disconnect the battery and it will be dis-connected for a long time (at least a couple of months I think).

Will the alarm/imobiliser lose it's code in this time? I know it has a backup battery, but how long will that last? and when it runs out, will the alarm remember it's code?

Cheers,

Paul.

I think that the toad systems have a recovery code which you can 'type' in if the alarm looses its power supply. You will no doubt have been given a pin number with your alarm, I think this is what you would use to re-activate it again.

Do you have the previous owners contact details?

Basically when I got my ToadAi606 installed I was given a card with a PIN number on it. I was told that this PIN number was used to recover the system if it ever went into full theft mode ie. if the power was cut etc.

Do you have a number on the back of your key fob?

Maybe this can be used to trace the code of your PIN? (probably not but it could be worth a shot).

Failing that then you will have to maintain a power supply to the alarm, otherwise it will go into full theft mode.

Don't panic. Toad alarms are really user friendly. Providing the alarm is in it's disarmed mode BEFORE you disconnect the battery, it'll be fine. When you re-connect the battery, it will chirp at you, then return to disarmed mode. No problem.

The pin code is an over-ride in case you lose your remote controls, and for programming purposes. it won't reset anything.

If you don't have your pin code, I can get it for you, but you'll need to do a bit of digging! - I'm not saying any more than that on a public BBS, so if you need it, mail me. :)