The mkiv Supra Owners Club

H&R DRS Spacers

Jellybean

If I get wheels again they will definitely be the correct offset , and I see what you mean by using extended studs and a slip on spacer !

As far as I know , the Project kics are the only spacers in Japan authorized by the shaken (Jap MOT equivalent)

Reason why I purchased them

Those spacers are fine but the full length studs in that particular event didn't allow the spacer to sit completely up against the alloy, so all the shear force was on the bolts, if the alloy design allows the bolts to protrude or if you cut the bolts back so the spacer can sit flush they are fine

I have been running this style of hub centric spacer along with the extended stud type for years with circa 800bhp

And atm with 750 with no issues

• 1 month later...
I had a wheel spacer break off on my Audi A8 W12. The extented studs just snapped off and the wheel came off. But lucky me i was only going at 5mph at the time. Minutes before was racing 2 off my mates in there GTRs 170+

What make of spacer and stud were you using? That could have gone terribly bad.

I had a wheel spacer break off on my Audi A8 W12. The extented studs just snapped off and the wheel came off. But lucky me i was only going at 5mph at the time. Minutes before was racing 2 off my mates in there GTRs 170+

Running Spacers on the GTR with the 4wd system and it's cornering abilities is asking for touble

glad this thead popped up, reminds me

I got a set of hub centric spacers with my 2nd hand wheels, when I came to put them on I noticed there wasn't much thread left in my existing bolts.... as you can see from the pictures. I was going to get extended bolts but how safe are they? Im too young to die!

attachment.php?attachmentid=179194&stc=1&d=1389296329

attachment.php?attachmentid=179195&stc=1&d=1389296329

hub2.jpg

hub1.jpg

glad this thead popped up, reminds me

I got a set of hub centric spacers with my 2nd hand wheels, when I came to put them on I noticed there wasn't much thread left in my existing bolts.... as you can see from the pictures. I was going to get extended bolts but how safe are they? Im too young to die!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=179194&stc=1&d=1389296329

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=179195&stc=1&d=1389296329

You will need extended studs mate, OR some bolt on spacers but I believe the smallest bolt ons are 20mm.

You will need extended studs mate, OR some bolt on spacers but I believe the smallest bolt ons are 20mm.

You can get 25mm and 30mm bolt on Spacers :)

I have the Project Kics bolt on spacers on my car last 6 years no issues, I had to drop to a 20mm spacer, I got a slip on spacer with extended studs

I heard two arguments for which is better

• Extended studs are safer because they are fixed through the Hub as opposed to just bolted onto the hub
  • Bolt on Spacers because with extended studs (do to the length) they can twist depending on power levels

To me both arguments make sense, H&R do both bolt on and slip on spacers ; plus alot of the drift cars put tremendous stress on either types.

To me either one is fine , once you have a quality product under you and you are not putting spacers on something like a GTR with its cornering abilities and 4WD system.

Only additional plus I can see with the bolt on spacers, any DIY mechanic can put them on very easily

But if you can get the correct wheel offset in the first place ;) by the time you purchase 4 spacers it will be just as cheap or cheaper to get your car measured by a professional for the correct offset

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)