The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drag Racing Tips

Noz

I'm finally off for my first drag and drift day at a strip not too far from me. Was wondering if anyone had any tips for the run?

I'm taking some 17" MT radials with me. Apart from that, it's just the LSD and a w58 build from chewed crayons to give me hope!

I usually pull off with the standard 4k limit on slip. I've nailed a few AWD scoobaroo's like that so will be using the same method.

Any other advice?

Advice isn't helping mong! ;)

good luck with it mate ,

as said a nice burn out helps alot, and slipping the clutch not dumping , drop the psi in the drag wheels something like 20 psi for drag wheels

most important of all have fun :)

Ok dude I'll do this prior to leaving. I suppose the drop in psi allows for tyre deformation aiding traction. Cheers dude!

Cheers guy. I'm hoping for some nice numbers but being such a linear power curve I'm really unsure how it's going to cope down the run!

I'm hoping the w58 survives the whole event really dude! It's cheap for runs all day so it might get a proper hammering :D

Cheers guy. I'm hoping for some nice numbers but being such a linear power curve I'm really unsure how it's going to cope down the run!

I'm hoping the w58 survives the whole event really dude! It's cheap for runs all day so it might get a proper hammering :D

Mine is still fine, drove a few hundred miles since 'Pod and it's behaved perfectly (touch wood :D)

Had an awesome day. Ran 13.46 with 100 terminal. Had a few higher terminals but that was my best ET.

Had traction problems with weather and my evangelical causing a misfire I pulled out on a few runs. Right pain kinda started ruined the runs just as I was getting better.

Thanks for advice guys. Ran tyres at 20psi.

Another w58 hammering with no issues..... yet!

Terminal speed is low mate, you are only 10mph up on a stock NA, I remember gaz and jay both being around 120mph with there Na-T's

Get that boost up.

Edit... Look at post 11 from the old drag racing thread, they was both on xs power kits.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?29073-SUPRA-DRAG-racing-times

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)