The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the rebirth of the supra

nevins

So some may know that on my return what I had in plan. For those that did not , from the start it was to take a good example and build it into my own supra. I do this with every car I own so would be rude not to.

The base car is a n/a auto. Low mileage and came with quite a few spares which were already planned to move on to new owners.

There was a very nice example of a full audio install fitted also which was never going to stay in the car.

To look at the car was very, how do I say not my style, due to the fact it had the hideous failside wing fitted, failside skirts and spats and the bomex front bumper.

The car was bought for the car itself not it's looks.

So as soon as it got back home the wing came off and stock spoiler refitted.

Talks then began about it's future so Craig and myself agreed the same thing n/a-t. We have done it before and was the obvious answer.

So the ball was rolling and it was time to say good bye to the audio. New owner found and time to contact Albert at knight racer to sort out the styling. The supra will be dressed with the ridox front bumper, side skirts and the trial rear bumper topped off with a trd wing.

Now here comes the big question. Do I go with 8l5 or ford diamond white for the colour.

I will keep the thread updated as work commences, and will add images when I get home from work.

Was a lovely car, but next time I think I'd go stock body. The Top Secret kit looks fantastic (other than the awful rear spats), but every speedbump becomes a nightmare with the lengthened front bumper.

If you do go Top Secret, replace the spats with Veilside ones, they're a good match for the skirts.

i had the ts on my last supra and loved it, the wife is now poisoning my mind to.

she reckons the following,

1. ridox front sides trial rear trd wing with ridox roof spoiler

2.Doluck full kit trd wing and ridox roof spoiler.

Im edging towards white in colour simply down to the fact its so clean and shows the lines of the car better.

• 2 months later...

So now Christmas is out of the way the fun begins. Slight change to plans at the moment, due the plans for the supra a lot is going to change but the original plans will come into action at a later date.

So far the half carbon trd Wong had been fitted to the car. On Friday I will be starting my journey to go and collect my temporary rear bumper and skirts. The items to be fitted will be a doluck type 1 rear bumper and bomex skirts. This will be the next step of removing the failside from the supra.

Next after that will be deciding on a temporary replacement for the bomex front depending on how the supra looks at this stage.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So then it's been a while since updating. Although it's all been going on so thought I would share some photos from today.

Still not finished and the photos don't do it justice. It's that bright it actually hurts yours eyes to look at it in the day light.

uploadfromtaptalk1399213198899.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399213226482.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399213241565.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399213264554.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399213288098.jpg