The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front End Knocking

mattdavies

My car has developed a front end knock since fitting my UK Spec brakes, at first i thought it was this but have checked the bolts and they are tight. It started after i some heavy braking down from high speed, and I believe it has got worst with in 30 miles. The knocking happens when going down bumpy roads and there is also a faint knock sometimes when braking.

Does any one have ideas of what it could be ? and where to focus my attention when finding the cause ?

You put all the anti rattle shims in the pads mate?

Um I will have to check as i built them up ages ago and only just fitted them. anti rattle shims would explain the faint knock i suppose. I am more worried about the knock from vertical wheel movement. Dont want anything falling off :s