The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my half cage fitted :)

tony tt

After buying the half cages that Fosta was selling at a bargain price I finally got it fitted today. Big thanks to Fosta who posted it out so quick and to Liam (L18msy) who fitted it after I had it painted. The day started well taking the seats out etc and to be honest things went like clockwork. The only thing I wasn't happy about was Liam banned me from using any power tools :( I did manage to use the rubber mallet though at every opportunity :) the scariest part of the day was getting the centre bar welded in while it was in the car!! I was on fire patrol with extinguisher and a large litre bottle of water haha to say my bumhole was tighter than two coats of paint at that stage was an understatement. In true Liam style he soldiered on unphased but I know secretly he was bricking it. Anyway here's some pics I'm very happy how the car looks now with it fitted so again big thanks to Fosta and L18MSY. :)

:)

Nice! Agree with Westy the colour looks great, I Still have my one to fit, was the footings easy to drill through? Might do it next weekend after seeing this fitted

Yeah was easy enough to drill bud no problem at all. Sits in nice and neat once you get the carpet up.

Anywhere you can hit your noggin on it! Will do more harm than good if you headbutt it. Demon Tweeks, JJC or Merlin Motorsport can supply.

What size of head do you have?? It's well away from my head bud my noggin ain't that big and it's rarely behind my seat :)

Was good fun today, my backside was twitching like a rabbits nose. Not just at the welding but everytime Tony thought of using tools :D. All went well apart from a burn on a bollock due to a spark from the welder, I will make the mrs rub cream on it!

You should as Simon if he can paint in the burnt bits with a spot in gun. Turn pressure down and you won't get much overspray from it, will look better than touching it up with a brush.

Edited by L18msy (see edit history)

Was good fun today, my backside was twitching like a rabbits nose. Not just at the welding but everytime Tony thought of using tools :D. All went well apart from a burn on a bollock due to a spark from the welder, I will make the mrs rub cream on it!

You should as Simon if he can paint in the burnt bits with a spot in gun. Turn pressure down and you won't get much overspray from it, will look better than touching it up with a brush.

I'll ask pal. Thanks again for today :)

I'll have a look tomorrow and see what way it sits etc thanks for the heads up. No pun intended.

Hes right, I would say the problem area is by your right shoulder and top of head, in a big impact the seat position will shift and the contact area from the cage to your head is prob akin to a ball pein hammer, just ask the Yorkshire Ripper how effective that can be, these cages are FAR to near the seat to be safe with no padding, and the padding should be like the armour in leathers so it takes all the force out of the blow...........................................................of course if you dont crash it will be fine.;)

Hes right, I would say the problem area is by your right shoulder and top of head, in a big impact the seat position will shift and the contact area from the cage to your head is prob akin to a ball pein hammer, just ask the Yorkshire Ripper how effective that can be, these cages are FAR to near the seat to be safe with no padding, and the padding should be like the armour in leathers so it takes all the force out of the blow...........................................................of course if you dont crash it will be fine.;)

Self preservation is always top priority Dude :) thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...