The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi folks just joined before I buy my first Supra

Guest 4-DANES

Guest 4-DANES

Hi Folks,

I though it would be advisable to join the best Supra forum before I buy my first Supra. So here I am.

Hello

TJ

My windows are not dirty

that is my

Great Danes Nose Art

Guest 4-DANES

Hi Chris,

Not sure what Supra to go for; I just sold my 3000GTO twin turbo MR that was pushing out 485BHP. So I need something that will do 185MPH & 0-60 in less than 5 secs to match what GTO did. Budget of up to £35k as I was thinking of a Skyline R33 but seriously want to get a Supra.

Guest 4-DANES

I'm not sure about the aerotop. I need to see one in the flesh. Also I like the idea of twin turbo's as I have just read through the comparison guide and the extra boost over 4000rpm sounds like fun. I have owned quite a few of the proper early 911 Turbo's which were exciting to drive in the wet "back in the day". I'm not interested in active aero as they were a pain in the ass on the GTO's, same with traction control that needs to go in the bin as well. I would appreciate if you could point me in the direction of some photo's of the difference between the facelift models and the early ones if possible.

Cheers

TJ

That only applies to the stock twin turbo set up. You can replace them with hybrids and push 500-550bhp with supporting mods.

A big single (by the sounds of it) is what you should be after with that kind of budget.

The car in question (the single aerotop) is regarded as one of the best on this forum, if not the world.

I'm not sure about the aerotop. I need to see one in the flesh. Also I like the idea of twin turbo's as I have just read through the comparison guide and the extra boost over 4000rpm sounds like fun. I have owned quite a few of the proper early 911 Turbo's which were exciting to drive in the wet "back in the day". I'm not interested in active aero as they were a pain in the ass on the GTO's, same with traction control that needs to go in the bin as well. I would appreciate if you could point me in the direction of some photo's of the difference between the facelift models and the early ones if possible.

Cheers

TJ

Have a read of this then - model differences

This is the aerotop in question

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Guest 4-DANES

Hi,

yep saw that one on fleabay, which was part of the reason i joined this forum. So I could get a better understanding of Supra's and work out how they can be worth £35k?

Great looking car, shame it is white and not black as that is my personal preference.

That is at Jm imports they also have a nice looking 1995 Toyota Supra RZ T78 Single Turbo 600PS. I think I will have a trip out top see them.

Yeah the owner is storing it at jurgens over winter ;) don't write it off just cause the colour, it's around the 1000bhp mark! The full build thread is on here, just search for "the kraken"

Hi,

yep saw that one on fleabay, which was part of the reason i joined this forum. So I could get a better understanding of Supra's and work out how they can be worth £35k?

Great looking car, shame it is white and not black as that is my personal preference.

Welcome to the forum James.

By reading this it sounds like Steve.M's car would be perfect for you. Black, big twins and 900hp. You'll just have to tempt him with lots of money to part with it :D

Also I've never listed my car on eBay so it must have been a different one.

Best of luck with the search buddy.

By reading this it sounds like Steve.M's car would be perfect for you. Black, big twins and 900hp. You'll just have to tempt him with lots of money to part with it :D

I was just about to suggest Steve M's car.

Considering that Jamesy is looking at R34's you might be able to get the Do-luck with your budget which has a lot of brackets ticked colour/styling/low miles/high end parts all ticked off.

Welcome to the club too although I already envy you and the choices you have a chance to purchase car wise :D

The Kraken will not disappoint you if you're serious about the budget - and if you are what's another 3-4k for a respray in black??:D

What a way to start your supra ownership :faint:

All the cars mentioned have extensive threads about them so you can have a good read through the builds ect and make your own educated choice.

I was just about to suggest Steve M's car.

Considering that Jamesy is looking at R34's you might be able to get the Do-luck with your budget which has a lot of brackets ticked colour/styling/low miles/high end parts all ticked off.

Welcome to the club too although I already envy you and the choices you have a chance to purchase car wise :D

Yeah, jamesys car would also be ideal, it's never going to lose money.

What a way to start your supra ownership :faint:

All the cars mentioned have extensive threads about them so you can have a good read through the builds ect and make your own educated choice.

Best put your feet up I can see that taking a while. My thread alone is well over 300 pages lol.

Guest 4-DANES

My mistake it wasn't on ebay, I found something else on Jurgens site and inadvertently said yours was on ebay. hopefully that has cleared up my fopar. I read through your build & I am very impressed & will be making the journey to Jurgens to see your car. I have no idea who or what Steve M has, I will endeavour to search it out.

Kind Regards

T J