The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wire to "Remote Connection" ?

SupraStar 3000

Been bzy all day working on my car and feeling totally knackered pluss can't think straight :looney:

I need to attach a line to my amps Remote Connection under the dash and don't fancying testing every single wire until I find the correct line.

Any ideas.

...or maybe take a feed from the cigarette lighter. But thats constant power on isn't it?? Hell i don't know. What did you guys use?

My head unit (Alpine) had a Remote connection for this. Blue. Can't remember the voltage.

It just means that the amp is on ONLY when the stereo is on. If you wire it up to your lighter, then it'll be on all the time your ignition is on. Isn't a problem I guess...

Cheers Matt.

Found it :D

after eliminating all the others, I found the little beauty.

Should have guessed it straight away as it already has plenty of other accessories attached :innocent:

After 5 weeks of constant work I finally switched the system ON and i've got to say it sounds phenomenal.

I had help setting up the speakers and fine tuning the amp from a mate who has built dozens of sound systems for other people and even he agreed it sounded the best for the price (£500 budget)

Only thing I'm concerned about is blowing the rear window out :sly:

VERY HAPPY .... and thanks Matt for your help on the other threads thats contributed to this project.

:music:

probably a bit late, but heres my tuppence worth,

much better to use the Remote wire, as ignition can cause a horrible loud thud at turning on the igntion, esp if the amp doesnt have a dealy circuit to switch it on a couple of seconds after the remote switch on signal. However it can be sorted by getting a delay circuit from Maplin, but thats a bit OTT - just do it how Matt says.