The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Really Need help with a car please guys.

drew 007

Hi Guys,

I'm hopefully going to view with regards to buy this supra this or next weekend and i would really like to see if anybody on here knows anything about the car as its had quite a few owners so I'm hoping one of those was on here and can shed some light on this car as the owner isn't all that clued up with regards to supra's and states he bought the car like it is today. So can't really answer all my questions with regards to the build and paperwork etc…He sounds genuine enough but i was just wondering/hoping somebody could shed some light on the car for me as like i say I'm going to view the car when its good for both parties.

Also i know this is a big ask but could there be any chance in meeting up with one of you supra guru's that lives near (kent oxford) that would give me an hour of your time to go over the car with me please? as the car doesn't have tax or mot and has been of the road a while i feel i might miss something you guys know becomes a problem if stood/stored for a while.?

I will gladly pay for your time and guidance plus fuel and il even through in lunch!! and you can be happy in knowing you have really helped a potential new supra owner out!!! Which would be really appreciated!!! :)

If you do live in or around the above area and really wouldn't mind helping me out please let me know and il give you the time and date I'm going to view the car. which should be very soon??:D:d:d

This is the link to the said car.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-6-speed-1998/1789286?utm_expid=73689293-28.vIYnioKlTVCzF0ppOoH2wg.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pistonheads.com%2Fclassifieds%2Fused-cars%2Ftoyota%2Fsupra#

Many Thanks guys,

Kind regards,

Drew.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think someone has viewed this car before on the forum :think:

All I know is - That's been on Pistonheads for a long while. Its been advertised before...

Its got some expensive parts on it. AP Racing brakes are £2000 NEW, I just find it worrying that people struggle with spelling in car adverts. When trying to sell a car for £11,500 I would atleast be checking my spelling before advertising. Also the fact the seller has mentioned it has no service history could steer buyers away.

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

Hi Thanks guys really appreciated, yeah i have asked about the ecu which he said it was still standard or so he thought. which set alarms off to be honest.

And really? I've never seen it advertised anywhere before Chris and I've been looking for a while. it would be nice to find out why they didn't buy the car!!

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah the history and every bit of paperwork got left and lost at a friends house.

Stock ECU on a single turbo running supposedly 500BHP.

NO THANKS!!! I wouldn't even bother viewing it...

Also the paperwork got lost or left at a friends house!!!

It just gets worse :blink:

Yeah that was one of my first questions Chris and he just said he thought it was running standard ecu, i said I'm pretty dam sure you can't run 500bhp on a standard ecu he just said the car came with dyno print out but has since been lost!!

Yes i appreciate what your saying guys really appreciated but i feel i really need to go and see the car in person to make my mind up for sure, Yes there are quite a few supra about but none that really float my boat this one did/does its simply the history of the car that worries me along with the work thats been done, but i can only find out either off here or by going to view the car. i was really hoping one of its former owners was on here. as the new owner doesn't know anything about the build!!

But yes i really don't want to buy a money pit :( but i need a supra in my life now my car has sold.

Edited by drew 007 (see edit history)

Yes i appreciate what your saying guys really appreciated but i feel i really need to go and see the car in person to make my mind up for sure, Yes there are quite a few supra about but none that really float my boat this one did/does its simply the history of the car that worries me along with the work thats been done, but i can only find out either off here or by going to view the car. i was really hoping one of its former owners was on here. as the new owner doesn't know anything about the build!!

But yes i really don't want to buy a money pit :( but i need a supra in my life now my car has sold.

Lee has a point mate, unless you can start taking the car apart and seeing what parts it's actually made of, I wouldn't bother with it, it will end up costing you 5 figures at least when bits start to go wrong.

I'd be quite willing to come and see it with you sometime next week if you where interested, don't claim to be a massive know it all. But I do know some stuff, personally I think you'd be better off getting a good stock/BPU car then going single if you so wish, or even getting Jurgen at JM-imports to import you a car from Japan.

Also does anyone else find it odd that guy on the previous page 1 and only post was off that car? :blink:

I like the blitz NORTH spec exhaust lol I'd say offer him 5k for it and if it is a lemon you can break and get your money back :-)

Dont get drawn in by the single turbo, dont get drawn in by the specs, dont let your heart rule your head. Im sure many of us on here have done that only to get burnt squarely in the wallet later on.

11,500 is a lot of cash to spunk on any car, let alone a tuned one with no history or even MOT. Think very carefully, take someone who knows Supras. I personally think that car has real potential to hurt you.