The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shipping from the states?

stt

How is import duty measured?does it go on the weight of the object or size?and what sort of shipping rates would I be looking at to bring one or multiple items again size or weight related??

Also if I said that I know of carbon bootlids (yes carbon bootlids)

which would be less than 500 ish quid would anyone be up for that as a group buy???

Answers on a postcard to the usual address.............

Regards Tim

it goes on the value of the items. you have to pay vat on total cost along with anything up to 10% import duty costs.

bear in mind they charge you vat on the shipping costs too. (that sucks) you can get some good bargains now the US dollar rate is good. pretty painless if you shop around and find a good place. keep away from suprastore.com not reccomended

any pics of the carbon items? prices?

if its a rear hatch can you fit normal glass ?

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

it goes on the value of the items. you have to pay vat on total cost along with anything up to 10% import duty costs.

bear in mind they charge you vat on the shipping costs too. (that sucks) you can get some good bargains now the US dollar rate is good. pretty painless if you shop around and find a good place. keep away from suprastore.com not reccomended

any pics of the carbon items? prices?

if its a rear hatch can you fit normal glass ?

Havent seen these anywhere else though and im sure you can fit the normal glass,infact if you live anywhere near the south west then I will remove your old window and put it in the new tailgate for you!!!

Originally posted by shaf

customs work it like this

17.5% VAT

10% duty

£13 clearance fee from courier

on total declared value of goods over £20, or £35 in case of gifts, plus shpping costs :(

My god mate,havent seen you round in ages!!!

thanks for the heads up though shaf!

It makes my fekin blood boil,in the usa you can get tuning and aftermarket stuff soo cheap,when i was looking for a zorst,it was nearly half the price that you would pay here,and that goes for most other stuff to,but!!!!then they sting ya for all the other costs so brings it back up to price...good old rob ya blind england ya can't wack it!!!:flame Dev

Originally posted by stt

My god mate,havent seen you round in ages!!!

thanks for the heads up though shaf!

no worries matey.

i've been keeping it underground cos there's just too much heat at the mo.

if anyone asks, you aint seen me right :devil: