The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J333 way

Guest trigger666

Guest trigger666

Can any body help me I'm trying to find out any information about this supra J333 WAY the last owner ? Need to know about the engine as its now in my areotop . And keeps destroying my gearboxes . I'm on my 4th one . Thanks jay

As above has the car had a auto box originaly and converted badly to a 5 or 6 speed or the otherway round maybe ? im in the N/west and been in the club for years and dont recall that Reg number in the area on any club meetings etc etc ...where abouts in Lancashire are you ?

oops just noticed its an Aerotop so it would have had an Auto in as standard

Cheers

-Ian-

Guest trigger666

Hi the supra I own now is an ex member of the club (rays the roof)an aerotop. The engine was shot when I bought the car but I had another mk4 supra that I was restoring that had a good engine in it (J333 WAY). Both supras had the same engine & auto gearbox. I've since been told that J333 WAY's engine has had a Brian crowler stroker kit fitted so its bored out to a 3.4ltr . Just want to know more about it ? I got told the car was from Essex? The engine doesn't sound like any other supra that I've heard running. Would appreciate any information. Cheers Jay

Hi was it you and your wife/girlfriend at the 20th Anniversary day I met at Nutsford services with some others ? Yes you have Rays old car and his was an N/A and the engine in your car is an N/A also unless you have changed it since August ? ... so we are not talking about a TT engine here, strange to put a 3.4 stroker kit in an N/A ? but I may be wrong

Sorry I cant help that much :(

Cheers

-Ian-

Hi was it you and your wife/girlfriend at the 20th Anniversary day I met at Nutsford services with some others ? Yes you have Rays old car and his was an N/A and the engine in your car is an N/A also unless you have changed it since August ? ... so we are not talking about a TT engine here, strange to put a 3.4 stroker kit in an N/A ? but I may be wrong

Sorry I cant help that much :(

Cheers

-Ian-

I think it must be a TT engine mate if it's an aerotop with an engine and autobox that would explain it, the 3.4 is probably making so much torque it's just breaking the na autobox which isn't as strong as the one from the TT, that's my only guess really.

I think it must be a TT engine mate if it's an aerotop with an engine and autobox that would explain it, the 3.4 is probably making so much torque it's just breaking the na autobox which isn't as strong as the one from the TT, that's my only guess really.

If its the one I saw at the 20th Anniversary meet, it was defo an N/A engine with "orange bits" that's why I asked has it been changed since

Cheers

-Ian-

If its the one I saw at the 20th Anniversary meet, it was defo an N/A engine with "orange bits" that's why I asked has it been changed since

Cheers

-Ian-

Ah sorry mate, my bad, suppose it must have been, I don't see how or why you would do a 3.4 on an N/A engine though, although I believe the block and crank are the same :confused: