The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Leather Renovation

Dale B

Not sure if this should be in General but here goes... The Leather interior of my car was looking a tad "rough" around the edges, especially the drivers seat where the wings had become badly worn / cracked and had lost a good deal of its colour. The passenger seat was much the same but to a lesser degree.

Anyway, not wanting (or able) to pay £600 for a retrim I decided to find a Leather conollising kit. Having found one or two I went for one from a company called "woolies-trim" who deal with renovation of old classics etc.

I ordered "kit No1" which, according to the blurb, is good for 2 / 3 seats and cost £33 incl p&p (better than £600, I thought ;) ). It cam the next day and today I decided to give it a go.

The result were absolutely brilliant and the best £33 I ever spent. It took me the best part of 4 hours and my hands where aching (could be my age :innocent: ), but it was well worth it. The interior has taken on a new look and the damaged sections of the seats have all but dissapeared, its a fantastic kit and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to renovate their seats. Mine are black seats so they could send the pack out straight away, but for other colours you will needto send a small sample cut from under the seat so they can colour match.

Also even though the kit says 2/3 seats, Like I said I managed to do the whole set front and back and would say that Ive enough left to redo both fronts again should I need to.

Heres the link, I post some fotos later when I downloaded them. http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/Lkit.html

Give it a go...its well worth the effort

See how long it lasts, but if cracking does return - Call "CC Trims" in Sandbach, Staffordshire. Just had my Supe leather/alcantara'd & my wife's FTO leathered - absolutely fantastic job & reasonably priced. I watched them replace a similar panel in a drivers seat similar to yours for £30!!!

• 7 months later...

Woolies are just round the corner from me in Market Deeping in fact I used to be quite good friends with the owners daughter. They have an extremely good reputation when it comes to upholstery and renovation. I can definately recommend them.

Guest nilpoints

My leather seats are in good condition (no rips, scratches etc.) but are starting to harden. Any recommendations as to what to rejuvenate the leather with? I've used Liquid Leather and Autoglym in the past on these and on my Lexus' seats and found they didnt' do much.

Thanks

Nilpoints