The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top cop talks sense

Terminator

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir John Stevens said those who injured someone in defending their families and property should face prosecution only in "extreme circumstances" when they could be shown to have used gratuitous violence.

"My own view is that people should be allowed to use what force is necessary and that they should be allowed to do so without any risk of prosecution," Sir John told The Daily Telegraph.

Discuss

I see bobs point , but that is where the law comes in , if every tradesman that sets foot on you property get pulped then you will go down.

I was thinking more along the lines of the uninvited guest who forces entry. If he happens to come into contact with my ali baseball bat under the bed in the middle of the night then so be it.

As it stands at the moment if I chase the bastard down the stairs and he hurts himself there is a good chance he could sue me for damages.

When you have had some in house taking your stuff, you will feel very different. With at least three attempted entries to our home in recent months. I will use extreme force if the bastard gets in.

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

If they are only delivering something, you wouldn't catch them inside trying to carry your TV out of the front door.

The point is, someone on your property, drive way, back garden, etc, you attack them, ooops I thought it was a burglar, and you're fcked :)

Sounds good to me. I would always do whatever to protect my home and family. My dogs would deter most thieves, but if they persist - they will die! :mad:

My dogs could live happily on a decent-sized burglar for a week or so. :thumbs: