The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo Supra v R34 GTR

Jamesy

Has anyone owned a single supra and an r34 GTR? How do they compare?

The R34's seem to be really holding their value at the moment. Some styling i dont like on some of the modified ones but when you see one done just right i think it's the only car i'd want next along with maybe a 911 turbo.

I hear you need to be careful of going +600hp unless you have a built engine.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the way through my build I have been tempted to sell up and get an r34 gtr, I love them. I still might get one depends on if I like how my car drives when its running. Skylines are a lot more money to maintain, parts wise etc. I have a friend who has one and is going for 1200hp- He paid £2k ish just for an uprated oil pump! Hes got a full stroker kit the lot.

All the way through my build I have been tempted to sell up and get an r34 gtr, I love them. I still might get one depends on if I like how my car drives when its running. Skylines are a lot more money to maintain, parts wise etc. I have a friend who has one and is going for 1200hp- He paid £2k ish just for an uprated oil pump! Hes got a full stroker kit the lot.

Is that the one at MGT Racing? it looks mental

Is that the one at MGT Racing? it looks mental

No mate. This one has the best of everything though if it ever does get finished there wont be a better one out there imo. Think he has spent around 80-90k so far and its not even close to being finished. £120k build id say.

A friend runs a 600bhp R33 GTR.

You feel the lack of torque compared to my Supra. It does pull very well....but it feels progressive, whereas my Supra feels a lot more brutal (even before the last power hike).

The AWD on the GTR puts the power down very impressively.

The R34's seem to be really holding their value at the moment. Some styling i dont like on some of the modified ones but when you see one done just right i think it's the only car i'd want next along with maybe a 911 turbo.

Have you got any pictures of the sort of styling you like Jamesy?

Personally I like the classic style look to them, http://img.modifiedcars.com/c/h/44/17491_9419.jpg

I have owned a R32 single (735BHP) and a couple of Supra singles, I love them both

The RB26 engine is a great engine, mine was a 2.7 stroker built by JUN, the GTR series is wonderful

Perhaps you should look at Jurgens Nur Spec R34, it was at The Falcon a couple of weeks ago, awesome, just awesome

What would you say is the better car your single supra or the single gtr you had? A lot of people say the 32 is the best of the lot. Ive had a 33 but that was a gtst not gtr.

What would you say is the better car your single supra or the single gtr you had? A lot of people say the 32 is the best of the lot. Ive had a 33 but that was a gtst not gtr.

I would say the power delivery of the R32 was better (HKS T04Z) and the road handling gave you more confidence, the interior is very plastic and dated, it rattles a bit to, the build quality of the Supra is superior, I would also prefer the Supra for a long drive

I owned a fully stripped out HKS Twin R32 for a while as well running 550BHP, that was mental

I would say the power delivery of the R32 was better (HKS T04Z) and the road handling gave you more confidence, the interior is very plastic and dated, it rattles a bit to, the build quality of the Supra is superior, I would also prefer the Supra for a long drive

I owned a fully stripped out HKS Twin R32 for a while as well running 550BHP, that was mental

Sounds like you have had some fantastic cars Dean :thumbs:

R32 is nice an all, I love this video of my mate Mark, RX7 takes him out and the red mist sets in.

i was wondering if he was going to return the favour when he caught him up again,I like how it only took him 10 minutes to catch up from last too :D

It just saunters past the others on boost like it is not big deal.

Good video Jp.