The mkiv Supra Owners Club

If I was considering a v8 conversion

wile e coyote

My next supra is going to have an engine transplant, I keep thinking a modern big diesel turbo, I don't think it's been done and the mags will love it.

I can highly recommend the BMW Twin Turbo M57 engine. Very impressed by it's power over the range, unlike a lot of other diesels I've driven where you get 2krpm of power.

Can imagine it being pretty tricky to work out but anything is possible :)

I can highly recommend the BMW Twin Turbo M57 engine. Very impressed by it's power over the range, unlike a lot of other diesels I've driven where you get 2krpm of power.

Can imagine it being pretty tricky to work out but anything is possible :)

Yeah a mate has a 535d, good engine.

Just searching V10 and found this, imagine that with a sports exhaust, a Supra that sounds like a lambo :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-AUDI-A6-5-2L-V10-Petrol-ENGINE-BXA-72-691-MILES-90-DAY-GUARANTEE-453BHP-/160886602397?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item257596ba9d

Yeah a mate has a 535d, good engine.

Just searching V10 and found this, imagine that with a sports exhaust, a Supra that sounds like a lambo :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-AUDI-A6-5-2L-V10-Petrol-ENGINE-BXA-72-691-MILES-90-DAY-GUARANTEE-453BHP-/160886602397?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item257596ba9d

The 2nd revision of the 535d engine can produce 400bhp and over 700lb/ft. It was never fully exploited in the E60 BMW because the autobox was rated to 700lb/ft max, so most remaps push to 600lb/ft at the upper limit with the DPF's.

If you do a 535d, then you can run a DPF delete and run the boost right up, the lump will take it. 400bhp and 700lb/ft will walk away from a good BPU :D

The 2nd revision of the 535d engine can produce 400bhp and over 700lb/ft. It was never fully exploited in the E60 BMW because the autobox was rated to 700lb/ft max, so most remaps push to 600lb/ft at the upper limit with the DPF's.

If you do a 535d, then you can run a DPF delete and run the boost right up, the lump will take it. 400bhp and 700lb/ft will walk away from a good BPU :D

Are you sure about these figures?

Pushed to the limit at the moment you are getting around 370bhp and 750NM. The torque is limited at 750 due to the gearbox, but I read it could be taken to around 800nm which is nowhere near 700lb, more like the upper end of 500. This is with over 2bar of boost so not sure where the extra power could come from.

Edit: The upper limit of the torque on the E60 is just over 500lbs, not 600.

Are you sure about these figures?

Pushed to the limit at the moment you are getting around 370bhp and 750NM. The torque is limited at 750 due to the gearbox, but I read it could be taken to around 800nm which is nowhere near 700lb, more like the upper end of 500. This is with over 2bar of boost so not sure where the extra power could come from.

Edit: The upper limit of the torque on the E60 is just over 500lbs, not 600.

My bad, it should have read Nm, not lb/ft.