The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone have any opinions on my For Sale/Wanted Ban

Guest BradD

Hi all,

Some of you on the forum may have seen the dispute thread where my door was shipped overseas and the buyer claimed to receive it damaged.

In essence there is no real dispute, as you can see in the thread, from inception I offered the guy a refund for the door and the remainder (for postage) when the courier company refunded the postage cost. Because I don't know if they will refund to me (then I send it to him) or if they refund him straight.

The thread can be seen here....

As a result I have received the following message....

''Hi Brad,

I thought I'd pop you a quick message just to inform you of your current restricted access to the For Sale/Wanted sections of the forum.

In keeping with forum protocol, you are unable to make use of the aforementioned sections due to a dispute thread against you being currently open.

Once the dispute thread has been resolved then this restriction will be adjusted accordingly.

Thanks very much!

James''

There are many of you on the forum here which I have sold parts to. Since this dispute thread opened I have even provided parts to help a couple of you guys get your Supra's back on the road. I think the restriction put in place is unfair.

I'd just like to hear anyones opinions on the case.....

Thanks

Brad

Rules are rules mate, you have to look at it from the other side of the coin... If the role was reversed you would be upset that the member was still able to sell etc when your issue hadn't been resolved...

The restriction whilst may seem unfair it's to encourage speedy resolution to situations that arise.

My advice would be return the money and put the forum side of the issue to bed, then go after courier at "your" leisure...

Also writing posts like this may inflame the situation.....

:)

Cheers

As a member of the forum you have to follow the rules set, this is the same for any member and not aimed at you individually.

Like Rob says if this was the other way around I'm sure you would be annoyed if you had a dispute still open and the other party were still selling other parts. In essence this is not a permanent ban but it is in place until the dispute is resolved however long that may be.

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

The point being that the forum rules are there for benefit and protection of all members regardless, exceptions cannot be made just for one persons perceived extenuating circumstances or everybody would be claiming the same, I am a moderator on another forum and we often get the same sort of question, but its a case of everybody is treated the same period.

Rules are rules mate, you have to look at it from the other side of the coin... If the role was reversed you would be upset that the member was still able to sell etc when your issue hadn't been resolved...

The restriction whilst may seem unfair it's to encourage speedy resolution to situations that arise.

My advice would be return the money and put the forum side of the issue to bed, then go after courier at "your" leisure...

Also writing posts like this may inflame the situation.....

:)

Cheers

But here, I cannot speed up the resolution as I am waiting on the courier company for a response.

Also I can't refund the postage now, as the refund from the courier may also go straight to the other guy too then I'll be in more of a loss.

Again, the rules are quite simple.

If there is a dispute open against a member, then they are removed from the relevant area of the forum, in this case, the For Sale and Wanted sections.

The fact there is not a lot you can do until the courier gets back to you is beside the point. If I wanted to stall a dispute (I''m not saying you are doing that) I could say the same.

It is the same rule for one and all.

Thread closed.