The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to get new camber adjustment bolts?

marc_p

Hi Guy's,

Got a feeling the answer to this might be to go to Mr T, but thought I would ask. I'm currently polybushing the car and the bolt was seized solid in the drivers side inner rear control arm bush, which resulted in me having to take the subframe brace out to give me full whacking ability on the bolt, the bolt did come out eventually, but I will not be re-using this bolt, so ideally I'd like to get new bolts for all the lower arm bushes, but do I have to go to Toyota for these? Also, I know there is a slight difference on the lower arms between pre and post facelift(mines facelift), is this bolt the same across both variations or is there a difference?

Thanks

Marc

Hi Guy's,

Got a feeling the answer to this might be to go to Mr T, but thought I would ask. I'm currently polybushing the car and the bolt was seized solid in the drivers side inner rear control arm bush, which resulted in me having to take the subframe brace out to give me full whacking ability on the bolt, the bolt did come out eventually, but I will not be re-using this bolt, so ideally I'd like to get new bolts for all the lower arm bushes, but do I have to go to Toyota for these? Also, I know there is a slight difference on the lower arms between pre and post facelift(mines facelift), is this bolt the same across both variations or is there a difference?

Thanks

Marc

I bought mine from Toyota, they're not too expensive and if you only want one i'd buy genuine

rather than unknown

I am glad this thread has popped up because the exactly same thing happened to me but on the rear driver side and the garage simply replaced with one they bought from a hardware store and it concerns me, hopefully somebody will explain further.

Dunk, don't suppose you still have the part numbers lying about?

Was going to order the below for replacing front and rear at both sides:

-48194C x2

-48198C x2

Then for nuts/washers:

48194D x2

48198D x2

90201-16017(2) x2

48068G x2

48069C x2

This was taken from the below link:

http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=332238&ukey_make=1021&ukey_model=14428

They have eccentric washers on them and doubt very much a hardware store would have these.

I'd get it checked and go find another garage

I can't find a supra one but they're pretty much like the one below

I am not using them anymore the mechanic that did this also cut the rear polypro bushings which I have recently received new ones I made them buy me.

Dunk, don't suppose you still have the part numbers lying about?

Was going to order the below for replacing front and rear at both sides:

-48194C x2

-48198C x2

Then for nuts/washers:

48194D x2

48198D x2

90201-16017(2) x2

48068G x2

48069C x2

This was taken from the below link:

http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=332238&ukey_make=1021&ukey_model=14428

No sorry Marc i don't, when i replaced all mine i got the lot off Steve Manley