The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to disclose to insurance company after single turbo conversion?

Brazil

Aftermarket turbo, intercooler, ECU.

Basically, anything that can easily be identified by looking at the engine bay. I'd say the manifold falls under the heading of 'aftermarket turbo', if that helps at all :)

Do also disclose big brakes, wheels, exhaust, coilovers?

Basically, anything that can easily be identified by looking at the engine bay. I'd say the manifold falls under the heading of 'aftermarket turbo', if that helps at all :)

This, Including the interior and exterior as well as under the hood !

This is what I listed since this total plus the value of the car comes up to 30k euros and for that I can buy one ready built like hodges...

After market body kit (Do-Luck)– 900 euros

Aftermarket wheels(Volk Racing) – 2200 Euros

Aftermarket Coilover (Meister R) – 1000 Euros

Aftermarket exhaust (HKS ) – 500 euros

Aftermarket Turbo (HKS) - 4000 euros

Aftermarket Intercooler (Greddy) 1000 euros

Aftermarket ECU (Syvecs) – 2000 Euros

Aftermarket Big Breaks (Endless) – 3000 Euros

Aftermarket seats (Cobra Misano) 2000 Euros

This is the reply from the insurance company, can you help me by suggesting how would you answer it? FYI I told them that the market value is 30k euros

We have received a reply from underwriters, please see below

Please confirm that the market value is accurate bearing in mind that when additing the total of the modifications does not mean it will be the market value of the vehicle?

Could you please confirm if performance of the car i.e. increase BHO etc? And if these modifications have to be notified to the DVLA?

I look forward to hearing from you.

dvla dont need to know about any mods in the uk they are just interested in who owns the car. Tell the insurance people what the bhp is. if its 400 then its 400. i alwasy tell them the higher number.

cant realy help on the market value of the car unfortunately, and it would depend from one car to another. And its different over there. id say add the value of the parts, half it, then add it to the value of bying a stock supra?

Just a wild guess. Or look for a similar car for sale.

for example stockk tt (a nice one) £8000 - parts for single conversion with decent parts (£12000), other misc mods, seats, bodywork £3000

so. £15000/2=£7500

£7500+£8000 = £15500

you can easily get a single for that

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?294428-Single-6-speed-facelift-500BHP-%A310-000

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?297520-single-turbo-aerotop

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?277223-UK-6-Speed-Single-%28converted-from-auto%29

Could I tell them the car has say 400bhp since if I drive it on low boost that what I will be pushing?

I have a MOT certificate does that mean its notified to the DVLA?

but i guess you can very easily change the boost setting and have 600 or more ?

Just tell the facts then you can't have a nasty surprise should the worst happen, thats what

i did on my car and even sent them the dyno sheet to show its max hp on max boost.

Why risk a £30,000 ? car for a few ££'s of insurance premium

dvla dont need to know about any mods in the uk they are just interested in who owns the car. Tell the insurance people what the bhp is. if its 400 then its 400. i alwasy tell them the higher number.

cant realy help on the market value of the car unfortunately, and it would depend from one car to another. And its different over there. id say add the value of the parts, half it, then add it to the value of bying a stock supra?

Just a wild guess. Or look for a similar car for sale.

for example stockk tt (a nice one) £8000 - parts for single conversion with decent parts (£12000), other misc mods, seats, bodywork £3000

so. £15000/2=£7500

£7500+£8000 = £15500

you can easily get a single for that

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?294428-Single-6-speed-facelift-500BHP-%A310-000

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?297520-single-turbo-aerotop

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?277223-UK-6-Speed-Single-%28converted-from-auto%29

I think they want to know the peak power, otherwise asking for power figures would be pointless. Any car can put out, say, 70bhp if you drive it gently enough.

The car is going to be tuned on saturday only but I am hoping to get close to 700bhp so that is what I told them... I am really afraid of the quote they are going to send me...! ohh noo...! The first quote I got from Italsure was for 2,847 dollars, they are not interested in the modifications just the total price of the car. I am hoping that IBEX which I am trying out for is better.