The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bridgestone potenza tyres anybody used them?

chris0132

I recently got some new wheels and they came fitted with Bridgestone potenzas and all I can say is oh my god they are appalling!

My old tyres were not the best and were £100 each yet they gripped so well very rarely lost traction, yet the new tyres literally whenever the second turbo comes online they just spin, even just driving on the first they can spin way too easily

Has anybody else used these and had the same experience?

Really? I run and have always ran with RE050a's, at BPU they have always performed faultlessly.

No offense intended, but are they fitted the correct way round?

Yeah they are fitted the right way round, they just perform terribly I can see why we don't run them at work

Definitely gonna change them when I have the money, I'm not even bpu either so I'm definitely not gonna go bpu til I have new rears

I'm sure there only 18 months old when the last owner had them fitted but I'll check when I finish

I've known people buy part worn or new potenzas cheaply online and when I pointed out the date coding to them they were surprised that they'd bought 8 year old tyres

That had turned to plastic and were crap

Also if the previous geo was silly and yours is correct then it would take a few miles of driving on dry roads to bed the tyre in and get a good footprint again

were they used? probably gone off, being used on a dyno will kill a set of tyres. potenzas are exelent

Yeah they are used but I brought them off the guy I brought my supra off so suspension wise and everything should be the same

I'll check what model they are but really can't wait to get some of the ones I had before I don't feel confident at all driving the car like I was before gotta be way more alert :-/

Oh well ill check what ones they are when I finish at 6 and investigate, may look into selling the tyres and just buying the old brand again

I liked my Potenza too, but when they were 3mm before the mark where they advise to change they were useless

There at about 4mm guess that's the reason then brilliant when you buy wheels and tyres thinking there's loads of miles left in then now I've gotta get new ones, definitely not happy now

I've got the RE050A front and RE050 rear I believe.. I think they're very good in the dry, and in the wet it's still good if you don't push it.

Also the wear is fine, I've done almost 15000 miles, and I think they'll be good for at least another 7000...

On the recent DragonCol run, up into the highlands of Scotland, we were caught in a massive downpour, which didn't stop me boosting to 1.2bar at points behind a naughty man in a Gunmetal Supra ahead :D.

Are you running the RE050A's also?

On the recent DragonCol run, up into the highlands of Scotland, we were caught in a massive downpour, which didn't stop me boosting to 1.2bar at points behind a naughty man in a Gunmetal Supra ahead :D.

Are you running the RE050A's also?

Yep the same ones front and back and in both dry and wet they spin :-/