The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS 264 cams ordered, What to expect ???

little num

I know this might sound stupid and I should of asked before buying them lol, But I realise they will give more power and change the powerband slightly but will it make the turbo more laggy.

Ive got a fully built engine with CP forged pistons - Forged TOMIE H rods - ported and polished exhaust ports and adjustable cam gears.

Did people who have had cams notice a msssive difference and what did it change engine and power wise.

Just after some feedback really so I know what to expect from these.

Use the adjustable cam gears to close the overlap by about 6deg and it'll idle nicely. Stock settings are lumpy as heck at idle, quite unpleasant. You won't notice any difference on the ass-dyno doing this.

As for the results you get from fitting them, you'll get an engine that'll breath mighty fine up to the rev limiter rather than start to choke up above 5500rpm. You'll definitely feel that. It's a really good mod :) I don't have any before and after comparisons, I don't think you really lose anything noticeable lower down in spool or NA power, but that top end, woohoo!

ideally ecu BUT ive spent so much on this engine I cant quite afford it yet, im just going to run it at 450bhp as my current engine runs perfect at this, I might have to lower the boost to get the afr's down but will soon see, hoping to get it fitted this weekend and drive to portmadog in wales.

So should get a few hundred miles on it before the trackday at donnington on the 24th November.

Thanks for the info guys, ive done 100 miles and its running really nice, ive up'd the boost as I turned the controller off and its pushing more boost on a lower setting then before.

As for AFR they are rich (12.8) on tickover and then once the revs are raised to 1500 its smooth and shows 14.7, On boost 1.4 its its a steady 11.2 so I might up the boost once I get used to the new speed as its a lot faster then my old stock lump