The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tein strut brace fitted

Suprakeith

i just fitted an rs*r strut brace to mine. i can clearly feel a difference without a doubt, ive got an aerotop tho, havint tryed it with roof off as its getting cold and wet now but i can feel the front end is tighter

More aesthetic than anything buddy, but looks great. May be an idea to paint the feet blue to match the rest of the bay though.;)

Looks nice, but as others have said it wont make much difference in the handling.

You would need a non pivoted, welded and triangulated brace if you want to feel any difference.

Looks good though :thumbs:

Actually, that is a very valid point. Pretty much all the braces out there are pivoted at each side of the bar, I hadnt thought of that.

Actually, that is a very valid point. Pretty much all the braces out there are pivoted at each side of the bar, I hadnt thought of that.

Yep, with the pivot there it makes no difference to the torsional stiffness at all.

I have a pivoted strut brace on my car however the only reason why I have not removed yet is because I am using it to mount my Nitron suspension reservoirs onto. Over the winter I will be removing it and re-positioning the reservoirs.

Pivot or not, anyone who has a brace, drive one front wheel onto a shallow ramp so only that front wheel is lifted up higher, then undue the bolt that holds the cross brace

You'll be surprised, although not as good as a fully triangulated brace setup, they certainly aid stiffness across the turrets and help form a box

Most stock suspension setups wouldn't really gain much from a brace really

Look nice tho :)