The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member with a dream

Guest fredde

Hi everyone!

Thought it would be time to introduce myself. (tbh the yellow banner keeps telling me to post! :) )

I’m a 22year old kiddo from Sweden in a constant search for his dream car.

My cars so for have been

1. Volvo 850R 1996

2. Volvo S60R AWD 2004

3. Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR FQ-320 2004 (current)

And with some luck this year i'll have a black Supra 96 UK TT 6speed.

Mainly joined this forum because of the sheer kindness I've seen towards members around here and the sweet guides like "when buying a supra", "model charts" and so on have helped alot.

Kind regards

fredde

Hi and welcome to the club, if that is the spec you are set on then you have a choice of 2 cars in the entire country. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, if you expand your search to just a black 6 speed then you have a choice of 11 :D Still not great odds.

Hi and welcome to the club, if that is the spec you are set on then you have a choice of 2 cars in the entire country. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, if you expand your search to just a black 6 speed then you have a choice of 11 :D Still not great odds.

That's a very negative approach.

Welcome to the club Fredde! Nice list of cars you have there, any pictures of the FQ-320? I love them :)

Thank you! Yeah I quite please with this picture and I hope you can see it, I followed a guide here How to attach pictures.

Welcome :)

Have you found this Supra? You're not the first Swedish person to join this forum looking for a Black UK TT 6 speed ;) . Unfortunately, they're very rare, and the few I know of will never be sold by their owners.

Thank you! Yes I've found one here in Swedens most active car-trading site.

The link is here: http://www.blocket.se/orebro/Toyota_Supra_50050976.htm?aw=1

I still await his respond about sending the chassie number and so on to confirm that this is a UK car, I found it odd that the hood is missing the scoop.

Just gave google translate a shot at the text and its fubar :)

In short : "100% rust free, Tax and MOT till May 2014, Refurbed gearbox, stage 3 clutch, 264 cams, 255 pump, electronic boost controller, HKS Dragger w/ race cat, plenum intake and D2 coils."

Cheers

F.

jhkljhglkj.JPG

The alarm bells are ringing. No scoop, Veilside front bumper and only 800 miles a year.

Do me a favour.

H.

Metric Mil, its about 62-65K imperial miles

I think the seller is pulling your leg :rlol:

Thats pretty much a common bullsh!t line here in sweden when trying to sell a car :)

Alltho he promised to get me some pictures when the car is raised.

Circa £14,000 for that one.

Aparently 10,000-10500 miles on it :shock: I find that hard to believe.

That's metric Mil, about 62-65k imperial miles if im right

In which case it is a little more believable. Tread carefully with this car.

H.

Will do, although I find it weird to put a plenum intake on it even though its not pushing a great amount of power, sure the are more aggressive cams and somewhat of a complete bpu. From what I know (on Volvos) you don’t need a plenum until you really are pushing above 650 horses. Could this be for looks maybe?

Will do, although I find it weird to put a plenum intake on it even though its not pushing a great amount of power, sure the are more aggressive cams and somewhat of a complete bpu. From what I know (on Volvos) you don’t need a plenum until you really are pushing above 650 horses. Could this be for looks maybe?

Could it be a car that had been running higher power originally and the owner has cashed in on the parts before selling and returned to near stock?

Could it be a car that had been running higher power originally and the owner has cashed in on the parts before selling and returned to near stock?

I suspect that's case.

Although I've been asking a few questions about the car and all of the sudden he stops replying and breaks the contact between us. (Got a bad feeling about this all of the sudden)

Oh well, back to searching for another supra and store the Evo in the garage I guess :(