The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guest jackdaw

Guest jackdaw

hi all.

I bought a supra 10 years back, it was imported from japan for me. The car is a 3.0 non turbo manual and it rolled off the production dec 97 .

My original plan for this car was to tweak the engine etc for max hp but 2 kids and ten years later its not much different ha ha. Im thinking of posting this car for sale on this site at a later date, but havnt a clue what it worth,

Alloy wheels need refurb and bonnet has been keyed so may need to be re-sprayed or touched in it has 2 small rust marks around the door handle but mechanically sound. In last 5 years ive had new suspension fitted, new shockers(which i had to import from newzealand at a cost of 1800 pound) it ahs been serviced every 12 months since i have owed it, i also have the gearbox oil changed every 2 year . It has 12 months m.o.t and 6 months tax, the car runs beautifully but on a bad note i had an advisory on the mot for a rear bush that will need replacing in the next 12 months. I dont want to advertise this car locally because i dont want someone with no experience with rear wheel drive power cars wrapping it around a tree on my concience . Does anyone have a ballpark figure of where to start, and any advice on how to use this site when i come to doing the deed will be welcome, im not the best pc user lol

Welcome to the club, any pics of the car? (Easiest way fo a non pc guy is to use photobucket)

Unfortunatley with damaged paintwork, rear bush (wishbone?) it effects the price and the market isnt great for supras atm (especially as winters coming maybe hold onto it til the spring) the upside is its manual, its hard to say a price with no pics though mate

The easiest way to sell a Supra is to click this link http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?82442-Club-Membership-Details-Including-Trader-amp-Hobbyist-Membership-Rules and pay the £10 membership fee.

Once you are a paid up member, you can advertise it on here in the classifieds section.

As it's a Facelift NA, I'm guessing it has a 6 speed gearbox, not a 5?

Get some pictures up, and we can give a better idea of value :)

Guest jackdaw

Thanks guys, will sort some pics. 5 speed box not 6, and wishbone sound but been told its the upper bush(dont know much about mechanics of cars , just know how they should run and feel lol)

cheers for info mate,.......... good result for your team today lol

No problem where in durham you from like mate? You should pop along to a midweek meet sometime

:D Ive tryed not to mention it as we've been crap all season, but its a good base for poyet to start from hopefully start picking up some more points in the next few games