Rear tyre: 205/60 x 14"

From 1992 onwards wheels are:

Diameter 15" front and rear

Width 6" front and 7" rear

Offset 45 mm front and rear

PCD: 114.3mm

Front tyre: 195/55 x 15"

Rear tyre: 225/50 x 15"

I had 17x8's all round with a 38 offset if memory serves me right, ideally I would have preferred 7.5's at the front but they didn't do that width when the wheels I wanted came out.

18's seem popular with the lookers at the moment but I think 16's are the best compromise between looks and handling - 17's seemed OK my car but the ride was harsh and it tended to resort to snap oversteer but the revision 1 suspension didn't help :)

Just make sure you keep the rear tyres wider than the fronts and get a decent amount of rubber down.

ask the expert..... me :D

you can put 19x 7.5 allround on 30 profile tyres all round.

or i had 18x8 all round, offset 35, 215/35 up front and 255/35 on the rears. had that set up for over a year and worked just fine, little bit of understeer and a harsh ride :D

Originally posted by shaf

ask the expert..... me :D

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

you can put 19x 7.5 allround on 30 profile tyres all round.

.... if you don't want to go around corners.

or i had 18x8 all round, offset 35, 215/35 up front and 255/35 on the rears. had that set up for over a year and worked just fine, little bit of understeer and a harsh ride :D

How is it on track Shaf? How about when you drive it hard? Oh sorry I forgot, your car only did 15mph cruising up and down the local high street and parking up outside schools ;)

:p mcanny

if you read the initial question he wasnt asking about handling etc he only wanted to know

"what wheel sizes (width, pcd, offset, centre bore blah blah!) you can get on a stock car/suspension setup."

so shove your smart @rse comments where they would be more welcome...... in your pooper :devil:

ps aint nuthin wrong with hangin outside schools, them single mums is great :D

hey chill people :D

all helpful stuff!

Peter don't spose you know if the stock 17's on that MR2 are 91/2" on the rear (i'm thinking they may possibly be 8"s allround)

basically trying to see if i had to go this route if my 9" 255 shod blitz's would fit a MR2 turbo.

I'm thinking it may be easier to just find a friendly local owner to physically try them.

• 4 months later...

I totally missed the follow-ups to this one - apologies.

The MR2 will take the standard Supra 16's and 17's and they slot on the rear with no issues at all:

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/old/pics/mr2/meets/nobles-march2005/IMG_2001.html

(That's with my Supra sized tyres as well)

But they won't go on the front without spacers as they hit the suspension. Once you add a spacer they get a bit too wide really.

However all the pics I've seen of cars in the US with them look OK, I suspect they are using coilovers and don't need spacers.

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/old/pics/mr2/mk2/mr2-supra-alloys.jpg

Scooter - the 9's on 255's should go on the back OK, I suspect the front will struggle but give it a go, the chap with the gold car has some Blitz wheels on order, I forget what sizes he's gone for though.