The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Thanks to SRD and Lee

DodgyRog

I have just posted this in my build thread, but for those that don't bother to look at build threads

_________________________________________________________________________________

Just a little update about my day collecting the Supra from Lee P (SRD) today

Well we left at silly o'clock this morning and eventually got to SRD at about 10-15am

Anyway on to the good bits, Lee took me through the bits that had been sorted and few things for next time and we had a general chat about the future development of my car (anyway that's being kept quiet for now)

We are stood looking into the engine bay, as we do with our Supra and hear the rumble of Scott turning up for a nosey, good to see you again mate, sorry we couldn't stop longer and have a proper chat

After about an hour Jen manages to get me out of SRD and into the Supra to leave, first of all I notice Lee has not only cleaned my Supra, but he has even gelled the tyres (awesomeness lol)

As we drive off down the drive with the stupidly harsh speed bumps, in between them I can here a much loader whine from the Turbo's trying to spin up, this surprises me a bit, as it was not even really noticeable before

Anyway eventually we get out onto the Dual Carriageway, so I drop back from Jen and ease in the power in 2nd, I notice straight away it seems to be pulling much better than I remember it ever doing before, then the 2nd Turbo rolls in and well I just loose all traction, it was wet and I just assume the tyres are still a bit cold, so I try again but in 3rd, this time it's exactly the same but I do manage to feather the throttle to gain enough traction to keep pushing. It now spins up the rears in 4th as well

My Supra now feels totally different, I have no idea what was wrong with it before, Lee has done quite a lot of different bits and pieces, he said he will have a proper look over the old Turbo's when he has the chance to see if they were totally shot

It is a shame I never got the chance to get any power figures before and after, the power and delivery are now totally different so I feel I have got a totally new build now

I am over the moon, just need to learn how to drive it again now

A huge thanks to SRD and Lee for sorting my Supra out, really can't praise him enough

and Jen for driving up and back twice

I hope you mean this lee that cleaned and and gelled took me ages to get her all shiny :-) glad your happy bud

Thanks Lee lol

I appreciate the effort mate, top job:cool:

Although it is filthy again now, as it rained nearly all the way back, if the rain stays off today, she will be getting a full wash polish and wax ready for her to be sat on the drive for a few weeks while I away in Florida

Nice to see your car is working again Rog :thumbs:

Glad to hear its sorted now Rog :)

Glad to hear mate, I did see your car at SRD and it looks even more awesome in person.

Good stuff :thumbs:

Thanks guys, I really am mega pleased, it's really brought back the love and a little bit of fear lol

and Kaan thanks appreciate the praise, I have to say I still love the look

Now it has been to Lee at least you can relax a bit & know you are in safe hands. I love Lee's attention to detail & his customer service is something a lot of garages could learn from!!

Bet you'll be itching to drive it once you guys make it back from Florida :D

Now it has been to Lee at least you can relax a bit & know you are in safe hands. I love Lee's attention to detail & his customer service is something a lot of garages could learn from!!

Bet you'll be itching to drive it once you guys make it back from Florida :D

I am about to take it to Tesco's, just so I can boost a bit lol

Another happy customer, SRD is the ONLY place to take your car IMHO :)

Totally agree JP, just need to convince Lee to move to the lovely rolling hills of Devon now:D