The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash plastics flocked.

FOSTA

I thought your car was on ebay? Could be thinking of someone else....

My old Aerotop had it done... I will find the thread with the pics from the previous owner. Looked great and it was a do it yourself kit as well.

Brb!

Cheers dude,

Yeah it was on eBay but I'm thinking of keeping it now ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Ive just bought some flocked door cards and dash and I just say it's a big improvement and looks so much more up to date.

:thumbs:

Otherway around for me, fully flocked interior then dash plastics in satin black :)

The small problem I have parry is I've painted mine a few times now but every summer when the sun heats up my dash it slightly blisters the paint! I've sanded it back to the plastic everything but it keeps happening!

I could get another set of plastics but then I need to modify them to fit my gauges.

I've thought about wrapping them but when the sun/heat hits them it starts to lift in deep recess places like around the auto stick ands key hole.

So I'm now thinking flocking!

If I go through with it I'm tempted to go black or purple (to match my rear cage)? :/

The small problem I have parry is I've painted mine a few times now but every summer when the sun heats up my dash it slightly blisters the paint! I've sanded it back to the plastic everything but it keeps happening!

I could get another set of plastics but then I need to modify them to fit my gauges.

I've thought about wrapping them but when the sun/heat hits them it starts to lift in deep recess places like around the auto stick ands key hole.

If I go through with it I'm tempted to go black or purple (to match my rear cage)? :/

Interesting, same as mine and I have taken it back a few times now and used plastic primer and it always ends up looking like a sheet of bubble wrap when its been in the sun for a while. I have now wrapped the largest dash panel and its ok, but not 100% around the heater controls tbh.

Interesting, same as mine and I have taken it back a few times now and used plastic primer and it always ends up looking like a sheet of bubble wrap when its been in the sun for a while. I have now wrapped the largest dash panel and its ok, but not 100% around the heater controls tbh.

Strange isn't it! :/ I've never had this problem with anything else, It just seems to be this dash.

- - - Updated - - -

What color flocking should I go for guys, purple to match big brakes and roll cage or just black?

I got ya. That's not good as mine are all being repainted this week. I don't want to flock mine as the whole interior is flocked so wanted to break it up abit. I would flock them black then not purple, purple would be too much in your face.

I got ya. That's not good as mine are all being repainted this week. I don't want to flock mine as the whole interior is flocked so wanted to break it up abit. I would flock them black then not purple, purple would be too much in your face.

Yeah I thought it could look abit tacky like!

I've seen a few pictures of it done black and to be honest I'm on the fence at the moment. I'm going to do it black regardless as I think its one of them things where the pictures don't do it justice so I can imagen it looking better in the flesh :)