The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steering problem

scott87

Ok so today was out in the Supra picking up some bits to got turbo and the steering started feeling a bit weird. It is almost as if the front wheels are running in tracks, like skates, its a bit as if i can point the front end in one direction and the car will do that.

I know that is kind of what the car should feel like but it feels very different today. The tyres are all ok, nothing has happened to the car and the front arms were more than fine a couple months ago when nat at dynodaze had a bar trying to move them all about.

Can anyone shed any light.... The steering also possibly feels a bit lighter but i may just be imagining it.....

Check the connector plug on the power steering rack hasn't come undone. It wouldn't make the steering feel lighter if it had but could possibly feel more direct at lower speeds which is what maybe you're trying to say? Either that or have you just felt the car tram line for the first time? Mine usually tram lines sitting in the inside lane on the motorway.