The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jdm vs Usdm supra

Guest Mkivsupratt93

Guest Mkivsupratt93

I need help!! I'm looking at a few supras and I don't want to get tricked and buy a jdm rhd switched to Lhd . I know the injector size difference and turbo difference but what's the easiest way to tell by looking? How can you spot one out if they change most parts over?

Do you have the owners document? We call it the Log Book here in the UK, I would have thought this would have helped to tell the difference in the sense year it was made.

If it was an import then I am guess it would say the date it was imported into the country? Service History or yearly MOT certificates? (Bit like the yearly car check certificate).

Guest Mkivsupratt93

I appreciate the help and I checked the vin and it was jdm. I had a wierd feeling it was. The guy was playing dumb. People in the us love trying to get one over anybody i guess. The car world has changed nobody is honest. Thank you for the quick responses . I didnt think the vin would tell but it did!