The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ridox or OEM bumper? and crash bar question

msupra1

My car Is at the shop right now getting some other paint work done. Bumper has cracked paint and some chips due to poor prep work from the previous painter. It's a fiberglass replica Ridox. Fitment is pretty good but where it meets the hood it sits a bit lower with a slight gap, which is a bit annoying since I'm picky about fitment. It can be improved if I decide to have it painted. I can't justify getting a new Ridox right now, even the Shine due to cost. I have some other priority things to do on the car first. So I can either go OEM or keep this bumper. I do love the look of Ridox a lot but also keeping in mind it's a street car so I find it bottoming out sometimes. If I went OEM it would be with MVP style lip, I attached a photo of my previous Supra that had this.

Also I'm missing the crash bar. I'm assuming the bumper didn't fit with it, bumper came with the car from Japan. Does the front bar help stiffen the chassis flex when during? I recall reading this somewhere. If it's pretty important to have looks like I'll need to part with the bumper.

Thoughts? I don't know what to do :/

photo of my supra, additionally to the what it looks now it will have a diffuser and ganador mirrors.

photo of my previous supra

and before those this was my first one with Top Secret II bumper, I liked it a lot also. Might be hard to find though.

Edited by msupra1 (see edit history)