The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Private plates

drift_bear

Im looking for a private plate for the supra and i've came across a couple good ones, what one would be best suited to the supra? Does anyone know of any other sites to try rather than the DVLA?

So far the ones i've found are:

D8 EAR

B3 ARJ

There was another that would of been perfect, but that is 12995!

B3 ARY

Although they seem cheaper on those sites a lot of the time there are added fees, the DVLA site - that is the price on the car

Always hidden charges that come out at the end. Stick with DVLA.

I was going to look for a private plate but to be honest I like people to see how old it is and the condition it's in I think it gets more compliments without a private plate to be honest.

This.

I was going to look for a private plate but to be honest I like people to see how old it is and the condition it's in I think it gets more compliments without a private plate to be honest.

I used to get a lot of 'Oh it's an N reg or L reg car comments from friends who aren't really car guys. Claiming their 2004 318 is worth more than my car or just generally people saying why don't you get a newer car. Private plate & now the dumb nuts think it's only 5 years old!! No more comments & plus it is a traditional Asian thing to do :D

Guest Roger NE
Non prefix is the way to go but then your into more money

Agreed !

I must admit, I always play dumb and tease people that have put a G Reg Plate on their 5 -10 year old car and say "Oh it's in good nick for a 1990 car!"

Can't really see the sense in doing that . . .

Mind you, I bought mine 30 years ago, long before the DVLA started selling un-issued reg numbers (which I always thought was scandalous!)

Edited by Roger NE (see edit history)

Guest Roger NE

They're very hot on dodgy number plates up here, with illegal spacing, strategically placed screws etc - seen a few people pulled by the police !

I must confess, I rarely even get these number plates that are supposed to spell out something . . . not until someone points out what it's supposed to be !