The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got myself a trial rear bumper

Mk4Gaz

As the title, been trying to decide how to finish the exterior styling of the supra, and settled on a trial rear. I love the look of the integrated diffuser.

Bought it from eBay, expecting it to be crap. Was listed as 'perfect fitting', and to be honest, it wasn't far off.

Needed a slight trim here and there, but only took an hour.

The pics are as it arrived, before trimming, and it virtually bolted straight on.

Got it primed yesterday, so flatted it off and shot the red base and lacquer today. Coming on real nice so far. Going to give it a couple of days, then mask it and paint the diffuser section in satin black :thumbs:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my car was red the diffuser was black but now I've had it sprayed all one colour. [ATTACH]176068[/ATTACH][ATTACH]176069[/ATTACH]

They do both look really good but I still prefer the colour/black combo as it just breaks it up that bit more. Is that Rsp? One last thing why is your avatar your red car still after having all this work done :D

Was it painted in cellulose or 2k?

Cellulose lacquer can fade/yellow in uv, so that could explain the discolouration

It was on the car when I got it so not sure. Oh and another thing I've found is when a number plate bulb goes they are a right sh*t bag to change.

Love the Trial rear, will probably pick one up myself later down the line, big fan of the black diffuser with a colour combo, it should look awesome.

Did you buy this off a random on ebay or was this one of the Knight Racer ones? As I know they sell on ebay too.

I haven't, but I guess its to do with the underside, where the diffuser tucks over the fuel tank?

If so, I've already thought about making some brackets to bolt it in place

Gaz, when you are making a set of brackets, do you think you could make a extra? And I pay you for it?