The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Newbie - Not yet an owner

Guest Andy87

Hi guys. I'm Andy, 26 currently living in Hampshire area.

Been looking into Jap cars for some time now, and have always wanted a Supra and now at the time to buy. I have seen a few advertised around, viewing an Aerotop tomorrow in High Wycombe area. Completely standard with an apparent good history.

I want to ask, this one has popped on many occasions:

http://www.asmuk.co.uk/used-cars/search-results?make=TOYOTA

It stands out, does anyone have any history on this Supra?

Even if I do not buy a supra, I will still pop by at times :D

Welcome to the club, that could be a very nice example or a complete money pit, do you any specs on the turbo conversion and who did it?

High wycome area= proceed with caution ;)

Also If you buy it please for the love of god remove that steering wheel and throw it in the nearest river :)

I have no info on the link that I posted, I am viewing that one on Monday, if I can not see history I will not part with cash. It seems to be well looked after, looks can be decieving.

Now you have mentioned High Wycombe and be cautious, could it be the same dealer that I have been very weary about? Not naming, but I did mention to the wife some weeks go how a certain dealer in this area could be slightly dodgy. They are now trading under a different name.

I have no info on the link that I posted, I am viewing that one on Monday, if I can not see history I will not part with cash. It seems to be well looked after, looks can be decieving.

Now you have mentioned High Wycombe and be cautious, could it be the same dealer that I have been very weary about? Not naming, but I did mention to the wife some weeks go how a certain dealer in this area could be slightly dodgy. They are now trading under a different name.

Yeah the trader is not just one trader though he/they use different names but are the same "company" just be very careful with these guys and as you will know its a lot of money to risk,

Theres some very nice Supras in the classifieds on here at the minute, are you set on having a single turbo?

Another thing is its an auto, so make sure theres an auto box cooler fitted, as the auto have been known to die if not cooled correctly at higher power

Cheers, think that has confirmed my suspicions. I will still be going to view the car, no harm in taking a peek. I did speak to someone on the phone earlier from High Wycombe, and you can get that impression just by talking. He didn't sound like a typical sales person, and found some of my questions difficult to answer.

I am aware of the auto box overheating.

I am Army REME, prime mechanical knowledge is fixing tanks. It is good to find out from the forum knowledge and typical things to look for when buying.

Edit:

Not set on a single turbo. I don't want N/A. Either single or twin.

Edited by Andy87 (see edit history)

ASM are in Redditch, i spoke to them last week about the Touareg they have for sale

How have you felt with speaking with them?

The guy who I spoke to seemed more in the "know" than the guy from High Wycombe. Sod it, may as well put it out as most seem to know who I may be talking about.

Paul Brown Cars Ltd they used to trade under, quick check at companies house now trading under Boys Toys Ltd.

Agreed. Personally I would only buy a car from Scotland. They all seem to look after theirs.

H.

That sounds so true!

I did see a very, very, very nice 3000 GT for sale in Scotland.

Although you all drink too much.

Haha, that is also so very true from the Scots I know in the Army

• 2 weeks later...