The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Abandoning my project supra, had enough!

Homer

Well the time has come to give up trying to fix up my supra, I've realised it's going to cost many times what it's worth to get it to TT and looking nice. The paint is terrible, there's dents on every panel and the gearbox is faulty. It really is the worse supra in the club, it's got to the point where I'm embarrassed to drive it.

So, difficult decision, buy another Supra TT or get something sensible? I think I want to stick with the supra as I hated not having one after I sold my TT6 single.... If anyone knows of any cheap TT's (inc auto's) that have decent bodywork please let me know :)

I think I will end up breaking the current car as the paint is so bad, it'll be worth lots more in parts than as a whole.

come look at mine mate. yours wont be as bad as you think :p

I somehow doubt it, this one is bad, really bad!

Dibs on the TRD diff :D.

Sometime you gotta just stop and look at the situation, I have had the same conclusion with my VVTi TT, it now being disassembled.

I knew someone would mention the diff :) That's one thing I will be keeping ;)

You're right though, I had a moment of realisation earlier today after a year of dithering and trying to make good. It's just not worth it. The way I see it, I saved the car from the scrap yard in the first place as it was almost a shell when I got it, it's been driven daily for nearly 4 years so I got some decent use from it, now it's time to return it to the state I got it in!

Track car :D You wont care if you stuff it or blow the motor!

The thought crossed my mind Ian, but it's an aero top so not well suited to the track. Plus I don't get time for that sort of shenanigans these days :)

Just drive it hard and angry. Try your hand at spray painting.. sounds like you cant make it any worse. Do what others are scared to do with their car....then once you've had enough break it.

Believe me, it gets driven hard, it spends most of it's time sideways. I wouldn't be happy with it with a home-done spray job, or even a cheap one, plus it needs a lot of work and a TT engine, so it just doesn't make financial sense. Thanks for trying though, I've had this argument with myself all day :)

I'd like a horrible donkey as a daily. What would you want for it? Lose the TRD diff and sell it separately maybe Daryl?

It does depend on what Supra I end up buying, but as it stands there's about £3k of easily saleable parts on it, maybe £4k. I can't see anyone in their right mind paying anywhere near that for the car as a whole.

The only thing I can see wrong with it is, it's an Aero. :D

Some people seem to prefer the aero's. Not me, especially being follically challenged :)

ive just read your sig is this car the GZ NA 5 speed?? how did this come to be?? GZ mit NA?

It's got a long history! It was originally dudes drag car and a TT auto (which dude converted to a single). Stuff then happened and the car was stripped, I got the car as it was a few hours from being crushed. I then rebuild it using parts from an NA manual and many bits donated or bought from forum members. Hence, GZ NA manual, probably the only one!

Before you break her I'd be interested in knowing how much you'd let it go (and live) for? I have a friend who might want it...

Cheers.

No idea on price, I'll have to see what the next supra is before knowing which bits I will take off it. It could be a complete fully running car or just a shell... I'll be sure to post it here before it gets taken away, I would rather see it saved than crushing yet another supra.