The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie! Just after some info and help.

Guest J49

Hello, obviously im a newbie to this site so go easy! Right, where to begin... i have always had in interest cars, motobike but really anything thats just interesting and fast, inparticully Supras:eyebrows:! Now that i am the age that insurance at least look at you, im thinking of buying a supra twin turbo for use as my daily driver.( I have checked out the forum for classifieds but it wont let me post this in there? i assume its because im new to the forum and so therefore cannot post until have enough post on other threads) iv got a budget of around 15k, and ideally after a UK model but of all things, it has to be manual. Before its mentioned, i understand that the chances of these coming up that have been maintained properly and arnt running like a bag or nails or slimmer than finding some rocking horse s**t! hopefully thats why i have set aside the budget i have in order to get the best one possible. Preferences would be: the car in black, grey or white, TT, manual,

You have a great budget, now what you need is patience. Nearly any type of Supra is available to you at that price and a UK manual will come up you may even entice a current owner into a sale if they are considering moving on.

I would look closely at insurance because your chances of finding an import nice clean and low mile manual TT is much higher and should leave you with money left over.

Thanks the welcomes and the responses. i have had a look at insurance and its coming out on comparison sites anywhere between 890-1200 after declaring mods. I agree the fact that holding out for the right supra is always the best idea. i have done that with all of my toys and in the end, it all comes good. However, its just the patience of waiting for the right one to come along! i have had a look around some import websites but unfortunatly non have taken my eye yet. Im in no rush though and happy to just wait...for now!

one thing im slightly unsure about is the single turbo conversion, for someone such as myself, using the car as a daily 30mile round commute, is single turbo the best option or would you consider a more standard twin? your opinions? thanks.