The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fantasy - £5k to upgrade a TT Auto

Tayfun.tugra

£5k isn't going to get you much more power I'm afraid.

The best way to spend £5k for a big power build would be to sell your TT Auto, then use the combined funds (circa £11k) to buy a 6 speed Single Turbo car.

If (hypothetically) you're determined to spend £5k on your current car, I'd use it to make what you already have as good as possible. You should be able to do a full suspension refresh, with money left over for cosmetic tidying and even refurb'ing the turbos if they need doing.

The best way to spend £5k for a big power build would be to sell your TT Auto, then use the combined funds (circa £11k) to buy a 6 speed Single Turbo car.

If (hypothetically) you're determined to spend £5k on your current car, I'd use it to make what you already have as good as possible. You should be able to do a full suspension refresh, with money left over for cosmetic tidying and even refurb'ing the turbos if they need doing.

this is some of the best information given imho,

sell yours and put the money to a car that you want ,

you can do a single turbo upgrade for that cost but it would be poor quality and the work would have to be done by you,

you will not get the money you put in back, the BPU auto is a awsome car best to leave it as it is , and party with the 5k or start saving for a house

I would have the car under sealed if it hasn't been already, along with getting it professionally detailed and maybe a few trick bits inside such as a re-trimmed steering wheel, re-trimmed gear knob and new custom mats. It's worth doing a full service as well so you don't have to worry about it in the near future (unless it's already been done recently). You could upgrade to UK brakes if yours hasn't got them and for your budget you could buy the brakes brand new. BPU upgrades are a must if you haven't done it by now.

It honestly depends what you want from the car, lots more power? As matey said best route would be to sell up and buy a single, if not then money would be best spent on bigger brakes UK's if you having already got them, a full detail, service, proper underseal, I would suggest replacing any suspension components that are pass there best or perhaps side step a few of those things and go with a syvecs, probably the best money you can spend on a supra IMHO

The best way to spend £5k for a big power build would be to sell your TT Auto, then use the combined funds (circa £11k) to buy a 6 speed Single Turbo

6 speed single for £11k!?:blink: Seems very undervalued and tbh mythical...who has ever sold a car of that spec that cheap!?

I wouldn't even consider 11k for either of my cars.

6 speed single for £11k!?:blink: Seems very undervalued and tbh mythical...who has ever sold a car of that spec that cheap!?

I wouldn't even consider 11k for either of my cars.

And still leaves you with circa £1k, which i'd put towards saving for a Syvecs.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?294428-Single-6-speed-facelift-500BHP-%A310-000

I would love cruise control.. thats the only thing I think the auto is short of.

In addition. I would love to keep the car for at least another 5 - 6 years through university, so a decent amount of under coating. A full service will just cost me the parts as ill most probably do it myself.

I think the current power is more than enough to enlighten my day, but 6 pot brakes at the front and 4 pot at the back would ultimately do the trick. With heated side mirrors with that blue crystal clear glass stuff they have on bmw's.

As bucket loads have gone on the brakes. A bird shit evaporator machine, and a jealously sensor should take it up to £5k :)

Not a true TT6 though...auto converted...which explains the price.;)

That wouldn't stop him from selling his car and buying this one though... :conf:

There have been a few singles for not much more than this over the last couple of years. And I happen to know that one of our regulars picked up a generally tidy 6 speed TT for £5k 3 years ago!

Starting a big power bild on a TT auto is an expensive way of doing things IMO, unless you intend a Boostlogic or similar box from the off.

I agree with Westy up to a point as I believe his cars are a fine example of the breed and thoroughly agree on the price, somewhere around the 10-12k mark for a very good tt6 if you can have a test drive in one I would seriously consider selling yours and putting the money towards getting a manual for around the 10k mark, to be fair I bought my UK tt6 for 9k

But at the end of the day it depends what you want

It looks great as it is in your garage pic....I say plan a long road trip/holiday in it and perhaps replace early the items known to be past their best after 15+ years ie Rad, flexi brake hoses, Crank Pulley and SMIC? New brakes would be good but I think bigger than UK brakes may be OTT.

Check if you have a LSD? if not may be one of those.

Not a true TT6 though...auto converted...which explains the price.;)

what difference does that make? are the components any different between a TT6 and an Auto> Man conversion?

amazes me at all these comments about what some WOULD pay - and what the value SHOULD be, however when it comes to actually forking out the cash to buy - they are nowhere to be seen......

It looks great as it is in your garage pic....I say plan a long road trip/holiday in it and perhaps replace early the items known to be past their best after 15+ years ie Rad, flexi brake hoses, Crank Pulley and SMIC? New brakes would be good but I think bigger than UK brakes may be OTT.

Check if you have a LSD? if not may be one of those.

Thanks, im glad you like it. I was thinking about going abroad with the car for about 2 weeks, but my main concern is that if i run into trouble with the car, its going to be a costly fix.

Its already had a lot done to it from the previous owner.

Replaced brake and fuel lines, BPU double D-cat, Eilbach suspension, drilled/grooved discs, 4 pot front, 2 pot rear, 19" alloys, blue samco/ autobahn hoses and pipe work, FMIC, boost gauge, turbo timer, FCD, Audio goodies, HID's, auto folding mirrors and auto windows with alarm, window tints, paint work was resprayed to a good standard with not much orange peel at all and a deep high reflection. theres some other stuff thats been done but can't think of them right now.

Ill check the LSD tomorrow, I don't believe I have one though.

What I really need to get hold of is a spark plug/cam cover. ;)

Edited by Tayfun.tugra (see edit history)