The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A Couple of NA to 6sp 2JZ-GTE Questions

Big Supes

I'm currently thinking about buying an SZ and transplanting the TT lump and gearbox in, but I have a couple of questions...

Firstly, how are SZ TT's regarded in terms of resale? Personally, I wouldn't careless if it was me buying (if the car was solid), but I know in certain car communities there's an air of: "Well, it isn't a genuine factory model therefore it's not worth the money.".

I have seen an SZ and frankly, it's fucking lush. It's the right colour, has been garaged it's entire life in the UK, has tasteful mods and the body doesn't have a blemish on it. Needless to say, it would be worth more to me once converted than forking out 10k for a factory TT that's in worse condition.

And, lastly: What sort of money do high grade NA's go for, nowadays?

Cheers!

Na6's i think the top whack would be £4500-£5000 max.

People do tend to say "it's based on an NA" when it comes to resale, but as you say, I wouldn't care less. The only thing you need to consider is IF you're planning on selling and how much of a hit you're willing to take when you do.

Na6's i think the top whack would be £4500-£5000 max.

People do tend to say "it's based on an NA" when it comes to resale, but as you say, I wouldn't care less. The only thing you need to consider is IF you're planning on selling and how much of a hit you're willing to take when you do.

Ahh, that's what I was thinking. I have seen NA-T's up for sale and asking big money, but wasn't sure if they were actually achieving it.

Please use the use the search button that's what its there for all of this has been covered many time before!

Less effort that the grief you get from asking easily searched answers.

The good ole search button police! I consider myself busted. :p All joking aside, I have used the search button numerous times in researching what the conversion entails. I just wanted a relevant answer to today's market regarding reselling.

I think you'd get a bit more than 5k for it, being as I've seen auto NA-TTs go for 5+ that require some work ;)

sold my NA 6spd for £4600 after 2 days of advertising lol so would have thought you should be fine, if the workmanship is fine and the car has been done properly i see no reason it shouldn't fetch the same money as factory TT 6's

That's encouraging to hear. Kinda want this shell over being limited to what's out there in the factory TT market.

sold my NA 6spd for £4600 after 2 days of advertising lol so would have thought you should be fine, if the workmanship is fine and the car has been done properly i see no reason it shouldn't fetch the same money as factory TT 6's

You could have easily sold that car for £5500! :D

The way I see it is how much can you break the car for, then you'll have your bottom line price for resale.