The mkiv Supra Owners Club

h-beam rods

ashbuster

What would be the benefit in changing the rods if stock would do 1000hp?

Aftermarket rods are stronger and lighter, if you taking the trouble to build a 1000hp engine in the first place then you would change them.

The point was rather than put cheap ones in you may as well keep stock.

Rule of thumb, just stay away from anything that too cheap, and it seems to be "too good to be true"

Like Lee said is correct, and most proper rods are at least 500+ pounds.

As Lee said, most cases there is bad QC, but in my experience, there is no Quality control at all..

You see too many people messing around with cheap brands these days, and 80% of them turn out really bad..

Edited by Callaway Motorsport (see edit history)

Ive just bought some TOMEI rods for my 1JZ and they all look the same as BRIAN CROWNER and other big makes and also look simulat to these ebay ones.

I weighted each tomei rod and they were .3 of a gram within each other but had them fully balanced with the CP pistons - crank - clutch - front pully.

I also weighed the original rods and they were way out of each other and was quite heavy compared to the Tomei rods.