The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking to have a V-160 6 speed Getrag rebuilt - reconditioned

supra steveo

These Boxes are very well made and I'm guessing the components are going to be priced accordingly. It's always a risk buying something like this second hand but I guess all the track work your box was subjected to might have caused more wear than a road car box.

I went for a brand new box rather than a second hand one mate, it cost more but I know it will be solid for years to come.

Chris should hopefully get you sorted

dont really want to just buy a second hand box i will give Chris Wilson a shout

Look on the US supra forums mate they have a great deal of knowledge of rebuilding the V160 and V161, if you can't find anyone here to do it, I might suggest you send it over there to be rebuilt, there called Jacks transmissions and seem to be highly regarded over there, http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?701173-Jacks-just-got-my-V160

I only suggest it if you can't find someone over here, as it is obviously a lot of effort and money to get a gearbox shipped out there and back.

We can rebuild them but as others have said parts are not cheap.

Do this, hands down! Parts aren't going to be cheap whoever you get them from, and rather SRD doing the work than some unknown!

Just seen that Curt Ainger on the US supra forum has had up about the V-160 repair kits since 2003 , he seems to be their version of Steve Manley but he is actually on the forum and offering big discounts

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?85965-V160-61-Replacemet-Parts-Now-Available&highlight=curt+aigner

Curt is the man! I've never found a better dealer for genuine Toyota parts.

He is cheaper (shipping incl.) and faster than any of the Toyota dealers near me (Netherlands, Germany, UK or Belgium). And we all know shipping from the States is expensive!

I order from Curt religiously.

May need you as a uk entry point if you get me ;)

Curt is the man! I've never found a better dealer for genuine Toyota parts.

He is cheaper (shipping incl.) and faster than any of the Toyota dealers near me (Netherlands, Germany, UK or Belgium). And we all know shipping from the States is expensive!

Sounds good

Ahh mate, your not having much lunch with this thing are you. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Am not having much luck at all John , car is really beginning to get to me :(

Im thinking a McDonaulds might surfice unless you go with the salad option ..... :p :D

A McDonalds would suffice.. ;)

What are you two like lol