The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox One or PS4?

Septic

The new consoles are coming in just over a month! I can't wait but I'm torn between which of the two to keep (pre-ordered both). I intend to have both in due course anyway but might sell one for a profit over Xmas.

Which console are you guys picking and why?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither at the moment, I'll wait till the hype and the price dies down. First purchase will definitely be the PS4. I'm not much of a gamer but here are my reasons....

PSN+ Is outstanding, free games (GOOD ones) for both the PS4 and the PSV.

Better Hardware - Well documented how much more superior the hardware is.

Better Development - Having learned from their previous mistakes the PS4 is developer orientated rather than alienated. This will have a HUGE impact on future releases. XBone has gone in the opposite direction.

Media centre - It works way better than the Xbox currently does, this may change with the XBone but I know that the functionality certainly won't be less.

Exclusive Games - Forza is the only title I will miss from the XBone. I'll get one eventually though so no real loss. The PS4 only titles look absolutely outstanding.

Neither, I'll be outside instead rather than behind the screen :D

I don't see what all the hype is about to be honest, all the bickering between the two fan bases, it's not like gaming is on another level. I hear my friends going mad about the new Fifa coming out each year and they go on about how it has revolutionised gaming, how in the latest one you can change the colour of the socks & the net moves almost like it was a net. :D

Guest supramad77

Not sure myself was a playstaion player for years but love xbox these days. Have both just now but the ps3 is a media player no gaming happens anymore. Going to sit it out for a while. Cod will be along soon and combined with gta5 will keep my happy for ages. One downside of xbox i know about is its not compatable with the older games which is dissapointing.

I was set to buy an Xbox but after they tried to shaft everyone, then back peddled when everyone kicked off, I decided against it out of principle. I'm going to save up over the next couple of months and build a new gaming pc instead I think. I really don't think either of the consoles will be groundbreaking tbh.

Ive played both of the new consoles.

PS4 for the win...by far

And that is why Sony have dominated in pre orders.

Not only is the console better. But Sony as a company keep offering better things to the GAMER when they don't even need too as they have won the console war.

At Eurogamer this year ALL next gen multiplatform games were running on PS4's. Kinda says it all...

Oh and just to add. Forza 5. Yer it was good..

But Drive Club was better! And you get that for free when you sign up to PSN+.. not to shabby!

Drive Club better than Forza?! What have you been smoking! Forza obliterates it in every department, frame-rate, visuals, gameplay....everything!

"At Eurogamer this year ALL next gen multiplatform games were running on PS4's"

That's not true. Battlefield 4 was running on the Xbox One. I was there!

The game of the show was easily Titanfall. It obliterated the competition. Yeah it probably will end up on the PS4 later but you cannot deny that one of the most anticipated FPS' is coming to the X1 (and PC). I played the game and it was incredible! I did a video interview with the Community Manager:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqZAsRD5hgM

I like the PS4 controller. The PS3 controller was complete utter turd in my opinion; it felt like a hollow piece of plastic with terrible triggers and analog sticks. The DS4 has stepped it up. But if you're a FPS fan Havard, you will want to get the XBox One because that controller is still miles better in my opinion for shooters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjDyQfj9pzY

I'm still torn between the two consoles though; the PS4 is the better console and PS+ makes a mockery of Xbox Live as far as value for money is concerned. But I prefer the launch line-up of the X1. I've pre-ordered both but will probably sell the PS4 for some extra cash and then buy it after Xmas.

Drive Club better than Forza?! What have you been smoking! Forza obliterates it in every department, frame-rate, visuals, gameplay....everything!

The game of the show was easily Titanfall. It obliterated the competition. Yeah it probably will end up on the PS4 later but you cannot deny that one of the most anticipated FPS' is coming to the X1 (and PC). I played the game and it was incredible! I did a video interview with the Community Manager:

I like the PS4 controller. The PS3 controller was complete utter turd in my opinion; it felt like a hollow piece of plastic with terrible triggers and analog sticks. The DS4 has stepped it up. But if you're a FPS fan Havard, you will want to get the XBox One because that controller is still miles better in my opinion for shooters:

I'm still torn between the two consoles though; the PS4 is the better console and PS+ makes a mockery of Xbox Live as far as value for money is concerned. But I prefer the launch line-up of the X1. I've pre-ordered both but will probably sell the PS4 for some extra cash and then buy it after Xmas.

I only really play FPS these days as I have finally realised I am not that good at driving games..:D

We will see at Christmas what is out these and what is a decent deal.

H.

Guest Knightrider1980

PS4 all the way there are no rstrictions with games and lending, otherwise with the XBOX ONE should you and your mates want to play a game, you have to take the entire console to his house.

I'll be holding off until prices drop. Most games will still be released on the 360 for the next year or so anyway. I only really play Fifa, Forza and COD anyway.

I'm more interested in spending £50 on the Supra, than on a game I will play for a few weeks, and get bored of.

Are you sure it was on an XBone this time? Last showcase was on a PC, disguised as an xbox.

The face bomb in each video!! :D

Sorry bud I didn't go to the Battlefield stand. I was there also. Regarding Forza I'm just going on what I experienced.. Those xbox triggers were horrible but im sure they can be toned down in the settings..

I heard good things about Titanfall

According to comments, it was PCs anyway.... not XBones.